PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Guages

Mike Rapoport
August 17th 04, 04:58 AM
I just bought a Helio Courier and the fuel guages (actually one guage with a
four position switch) don't work very well. Since different tanks seem to
work differently I assume that the problem is in the sender or the wiring.
Where should I start? does anybody know what the resistance range should be
on the senders?

Thanks<

Mike
MU-2
Helio Courier

Darrel Toepfer
August 17th 04, 05:24 AM
Mike Rapoport wrote:

> I just bought a Helio Courier and the fuel guages (actually one guage with a
> four position switch) don't work very well. Since different tanks seem to
> work differently I assume that the problem is in the sender or the wiring.
> Where should I start? does anybody know what the resistance range should be
> on the senders?

Don't rule out the switch itself... Fix'n to get into the same issue on
6 EGTs...

Paul Sengupta
August 17th 04, 10:59 AM
"Mike Rapoport" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> I just bought a Helio Courier and the fuel guages (actually one guage with
> four position switch) don't work very well.

Welcome to our world! :-)

Paul

Mike Rapoport
August 17th 04, 03:06 PM
Thanks, good point.

Mike
MU-2

"Darrel Toepfer" > wrote in message
> Mike Rapoport wrote:
>
> > I just bought a Helio Courier and the fuel guages (actually one guage
with a
> > four position switch) don't work very well. Since different tanks seem
> > work differently I assume that the problem is in the sender or the
wiring.
> > Where should I start? does anybody know what the resistance range
should be
> > on the senders?
>
> Don't rule out the switch itself... Fix'n to get into the same issue on
> 6 EGTs...

Google