PDA

View Full Version : King KX-170B (WTB)

Jim Weir
September 4th 04, 05:45 PM
Please forgive me if I've posted this request here before. Memory is the second
thing to go...

Looking for two things:

1. An old KX-170B, working or not. If not, no trash that some hamhand
tried to "fix" by ripping its guts out with a crowbar.

2. Mounting tray for same complete with power and antenna connectors,
same conditions on condition.

Trade for current production RST kit gear OR pictures of old dead men.

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com

Jim Weir
September 6th 04, 06:20 PM
And if not the mounting tray, at least the multipin Amphenol connector, which is
no longer in production. I can cheat the RF connectors by buggering up a
standard BNC, but the power/signal connector isn't so easy.

Jim

Jim Weir >

-> 2. Mounting tray for same complete with power and antenna connectors,
->same conditions on condition.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Darrel Toepfer
September 7th 04, 02:32 AM
Jim Weir wrote:
> And if not the mounting tray, at least the multipin Amphenol connector, which is
> no longer in production. I can cheat the RF connectors by buggering up a
> standard BNC, but the power/signal connector isn't so easy.

Jim I saw one today that had been pulled for a recent NAV/COM upgrade.
I'll see if he'll part with it... I saw the radio, I believe the tray
(though I didn't see the antenna connections on it), definitely the
Amphenol connector was there and also and VOR indicator...

Did you have a budget price in mind that I can pass along?

Darrel Toepfer
September 8th 04, 09:35 PM
Darrel Toepfer wrote:
> Jim Weir wrote:
>
>> And if not the mounting tray, at least the multipin Amphenol
>> connector, which is no longer in production. I can cheat
>> the RF connectors by buggering up a standard BNC, but the
>> power/signal connector isn't so easy.
>
> Jim I saw one today that had been pulled for a recent NAV/COM upgrade.
> I'll see if he'll part with it... I saw the radio, I believe the tray
> (though I didn't see the antenna connections on it), definitely the
> Amphenol connector was there and also a VOR indicator...
>
> Did you have a budget price in mind that I can pass along?

Owner says $200... Indicator to be sold for additional funds...

Aaron Coolidge
September 9th 04, 01:18 AM
In rec.aviation.owning Jim Weir > wrote:
: Please forgive me if I've posted this request here before. Memory is the second
: thing to go...

: Looking for two things:

: 1. An old KX-170B, working or not. If not, no trash that some hamhand
: tried to "fix" by ripping its guts out with a crowbar.

: 2. Mounting tray for same complete with power and antenna connectors,
: same conditions on condition.

I haven't been able to turn up a KX170B, but if you need a KI-201B indicator
(localizer only) in excellent cosmetic condition, no corrosion, no visible
repairs, operating condition unknown you can have it for shipping. Drop
me an email: fasto at shell dot theworld dot com.
--
Aaron Coolidge

Darrel Toepfer
September 9th 04, 01:38 AM
Jim Weir wrote:
> And if not the mounting tray, at least the multipin Amphenol connector, which is
> no longer in production. I can cheat the RF connectors by buggering up a
> standard BNC, but the power/signal connector isn't so easy.
>
> -> 2. Mounting tray for same complete with power and antenna connectors,
> ->same conditions on condition.

Looked at it better today, includes the tray, amp connector, antenna
connectors and a bit of wiring that includes a D style connector on the
other end. So it is complete, faceplate has wear (paint missing), the
digits do line up and it has an '03 yellow tag, was pulled out of
service in less than the past 6 months. First with $200 gets it, I'll
put you in touch with the owner directly...

Darrel Toepfer
Eunice, La. 4R7

Google