PDA

View Full Version : GPS-NAV model 10, 20, 25 hardware version numbers...

Marc
September 20th 12, 11:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, if you have a GPS-NAV, please take a look at
one of your IGC files and check the HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION field
(only). I'm aware of units that put 38, 39, and 2.39 in this field.
If you find another number, please email the IGC (and CAI file if you
have it) file to marc.ramsey at gmail dot com...

Thanks,
Marc

September 21st 12, 05:03 AM
I now have a report of HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION 2.38 (thanks, Ron), along with the aforementioned 2.39, 38, and 39. If you want to be certain that your GPS-NAV will continue to be an IGC approved flight recorder after the end of this month, check to make sure that HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION is reporting one of the above four numbers. If not, mail an IGC file (and the associated CAI file if you have it) to marc.ramsey at gmail dot com, as soon as possible....

Thanks again,
Marc

Morgan[_2_]
September 21st 12, 05:03 PM
I appear to have Revision: F

Files sent.

Morgan

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:03:53 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> I now have a report of HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION 2.38 (thanks, Ron), along with the aforementioned 2.39, 38, and 39. If you want to be certain that your GPS-NAV will continue to be an IGC approved flight recorder after the end of this month, check to make sure that HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION is reporting one of the above four numbers. If not, mail an IGC file (and the associated CAI file if you have it) to marc.ramsey at gmail dot com, as soon as possible...
>

> Thanks again,
>
> Marc

Google