PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion II

brien
January 29th 04, 04:45 PM
Anybody ever try to replace the tail rotor belts with a drive shaft system?

Stu Fields
January 30th 04, 03:23 AM
Yes. I've seen a couple of examples of Scorpion IIs with rotary engines and
shaft driven tail rotors. I have never seen them in the air though.
Stu Fields Safari pilot
"brien" > wrote in message
> Anybody ever try to replace the tail rotor belts with a drive shaft
system?

January 31st 04, 01:29 PM
There is one that was heavilly converted at:
http://www.usbusiness.com/helicopter/WScor1.htm

The one you want to look at is the blue one. It has a shaft driven
tail rotor, a main transmission, and the newer hub system. The red
ones are just plain, unconverted Scorpions. Notice how he
straightened the tail boom. The bend in a normal scorpion means
something would have to be added to make that bend if using a shaft
drive. By straightening the shaft, you eliminate the weight of a
transmission or CV joint.

Dennis H.

"brien" > wrote:

> Anybody ever try to replace the tail rotor belts with a drive shaft system?

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm

Google