PDA

View Full Version : Re: VFR flight question (MSFS2004)

Vic Baron
August 25th 03, 08:56 PM
Hi -

I assume you're using the FS2004 FLightPLanner? Just print the
log/flightplan - it should show all the headings and alt's in your plan.

hth,
vgb

"Paul" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a question about flying VFR with a VOR-to-VOR method.
>
> When I ask the simulator to plot the route frm airport A to airport B, it
> plots a series of straights Airp A -> VOR1 -> VOR2 -> Airp B.
>
> Now, what I would like to know is the direction for each of the segments!
> can only eyeball each one: 045 degrees. Or maybe 062 degrees?
>
> I guess, in real life when you plot route yourself on the real map and
> adjust for the side wind, you can find the angle by using protractor. How
> do I do that in simulator???
>
> Thanks!

Brett Holcomb
August 26th 03, 12:12 AM
The MS flightplanner will show you the headings. Just go to that tab in
the planner.

Note, that you can grab a route line with the mouse and drag it to another
location.

--
Brett I. Holcomb

Microsoft MVP
AKA Grunt <><
Remove R777 to email

Not Dick Daley
August 28th 03, 08:54 PM
Same way you do it in real life. Use a chart and a plotter. ;)

"Paul" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a question about flying VFR with a VOR-to-VOR method.
>
> When I ask the simulator to plot the route frm airport A to airport B, it
> plots a series of straights Airp A -> VOR1 -> VOR2 -> Airp B.
>
> Now, what I would like to know is the direction for each of the segments!
> can only eyeball each one: 045 degrees. Or maybe 062 degrees?
>
> I guess, in real life when you plot route yourself on the real map and
> adjust for the side wind, you can find the angle by using protractor. How
> do I do that in simulator???
>
> Thanks!

Ishrat Zahid
September 1st 03, 04:03 AM
Don't quite understand the question. In real world, we use Flight
Computers (manual or
electronic) to punch in the winds aloft at certain altitude. also
factors are the difference
in magnetic and true north, compass error etc.
In simulator it is pretty easy to fly VOR headings:
Assume that the first heading is 124 degrees at frequency 110.6:
1. Tune 110.6 on VOR1 or 2
2. On VOR receiver, set the heading 124 with "TO" indicator
3. Track the VOR
4. Make sure that Compass and heading indicators match

Ishrat

Not Dick Daley wrote:

>Same way you do it in real life. Use a chart and a plotter. ;)
>

>"Paul" > wrote in message
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>I have a question about flying VFR with a VOR-to-VOR method.
>>
>>When I ask the simulator to plot the route frm airport A to airport B, it
>>plots a series of straights Airp A -> VOR1 -> VOR2 -> Airp B.
>>
>>Now, what I would like to know is the direction for each of the segments!

>>can only eyeball each one: 045 degrees. Or maybe 062 degrees?
>>
>>I guess, in real life when you plot route yourself on the real map and
>>adjust for the side wind, you can find the angle by using protractor. How
>>do I do that in simulator???
>>
>>Thanks!

Google