PDA

View Full Version : Runway in Use

Sniper@SDU
September 21st 03, 10:17 AM
Hi, I'm a student pilot in China and I am curious to know that the headwind
direction changed, how the ATC re-arrange the traffic for using runway has
been change?

--
James MAK
http://private-pilot.no-ip.org:8080

C J Campbell
September 21st 03, 02:55 PM
"Sniper@SDU" > wrote in message
| Hi, I'm a student pilot in China and I am curious to know that the
headwind
| direction changed, how the ATC re-arrange the traffic for using runway has
| been change?

Hello James.

The tower at our airport announces the runway change. Aircraft on the base
or final legs that have already been cleared to land are usually allowed to
continue. Aircraft on downwind are either asked to leave the pattern and
re-enter the pattern for the correct runway or they are told to turn their
base leg for the old runway, cross the old runway, and fly the pattern on
the opposite side.

Sniper@SDU
September 21st 03, 04:50 PM
I live in Hong Kong.
> what???!!!!!!!
>
> student in china with a handle 'sniper'. Nice arrangement.
>
> Doc Speedbyrd

BTIZ
September 21st 03, 05:59 PM
did not "Hong Kong" revert to "China Rule"..

you were right the first time Doc..

BT

"Sniper@SDU" > wrote in message
> I live in Hong Kong.
> > what???!!!!!!!
> >
> > student in china with a handle 'sniper'. Nice arrangement.
> >
> > Doc Speedbyrd

Sniper@SDU
September 22nd 03, 02:37 AM
Hong Kong still one of the high requirement for Private Pilot Lic in the
world!..............U need to medical cert. class II for PPL. In US, U just
need class III for PPL requirement. Does UK also need class II for PPL?
--
James MAK
http://private-pilot.no-ip.org:8080
http://airtrafficcontrol.no-ip.org:8080

Sniper@SDU
September 22nd 03, 03:21 AM
U had been live in Hong Kong?
--
James MAK
http://private-pilot.no-ip.org:8080
http://airtrafficcontrol.no-ip.org:8080

Ron Natalie
September 22nd 03, 03:57 PM
"Sniper@SDU" > wrote in message ...
> Hi, I'm a student pilot in China and I am curious to know that the headwind
> direction changed, how the ATC re-arrange the traffic for using runway has
> been change?

When I was at Dulles, they'd just start sending aircraft in the other way, letting
the few already in the process of approaches either fly vector'd downwind back
to the other side or land with the tailwind. There are been times that I've been
able to sneak in ahead of the line by taking a downwind landing while they're
turning the field around.

Chris Walton
September 23rd 03, 09:13 PM
"Sniper@SDU" > wrote in message
> Hong Kong still one of the high requirement for Private Pilot Lic in the
> world!..............U need to medical cert. class II for PPL. In US, U
just
> need class III for PPL requirement. Does UK also need class II for PPL?
> --
> James MAK
> http://private-pilot.no-ip.org:8080
> http://airtrafficcontrol.no-ip.org:8080

A JAR-FCL Class 2 medical is required for a PPL in the UK.

Chris

Yossarian
September 24th 03, 12:15 AM
Why don't you chill with the racial slurs.

wrote:

> >U had been live in Hong Kong?
>

> Heaven's no! I had hoped to visit it once upon a time, but since the
Chinks took it back, not interested.

> Doc Speedbyrd

Yossarian
September 24th 03, 05:53 AM
If you want a private conversation, don't post on a public forum.

wrote:

> >Why don't you chill with the racial slurs.
> >
> >"Doc Speedbyrd" > wrote in message

> >> Heaven's no! I had hoped to visit it once upon a time, but since the
> >Chinks took it back, not interested.
> >>
> >> Doc Speedbyrd
> >

> Why don't you mind your own ****ing business, greasebag!
>
> Doc Speedbyrd

Doc Dirtbag
October 8th 03, 06:46 AM
"Doc Speedbyrd" > wrote in message

> Hey! Since when do you dictate where I post? Where do you get off?

Your mother usually gets me off!

> Who said I was looking for a private conversation? I've no secrets here.
Do you?

Speaking of dirty cracks, how is your mother?

Doc Dirtbag

Chickenhawk UK
October 8th 03, 10:57 AM

> A JAR-FCL Class 2 medical is required for a PPL in the UK.

Chris is this for NPPL or JAAPPL? what is the difference in the
medical, I'm going for my NPPL but would like to do the next 15 hours
for the JAAPPL however since i wear glasses a mate suggested i may not
pass the medical.

Google