PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommendation on stick grip

Doug[_9_]
June 7th 15, 10:41 PM
Want to upgrade the stick grip in my DG. Need ptt and cruise/climb but most of all need it to me comfy!

Doug

June 7th 15, 11:09 PM
Have a look here.
http://www.gliderdesignparts.de/index.en.html

Randy

MNLou
June 8th 15, 01:37 AM
I had one of these. http://www.rayallencompany.com/products/stickgrips.html

I really liked the large diameter of the stick. Very comfortable. Two finger contact was all I needed.

Lou

Bob T
June 8th 15, 02:19 AM
On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 2:41:39 PM UTC-7, Doug wrote:
> Want to upgrade the stick grip in my DG. Need ptt and cruise/climb but most of all need it to me comfy!
>
> Doug

Look at Pioneer Aviation out of Oregon.

June 8th 15, 04:22 AM
On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 5:41:39 PM UTC-4, Doug wrote:
> Want to upgrade the stick grip in my DG. Need ptt and cruise/climb but most of all need it to me comfy!
>
> Doug

After installing your "dream" stick, wrap it with bicycle handlebar tape. Multitude of color schemes which can be very snazzy! I also placed it on the trim control. Very comfy!

SF
June 10th 15, 05:38 PM
Tennis Racquet grip tape works well. It's made for a good grip with sweaty palms. There are a lot of different tapes to choose from. It's cheap enough to change as often as you like.

SF

Charles Waldo
June 11th 15, 06:08 PM
On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 5:41:39 PM UTC-4, Doug wrote:
> Want to upgrade the stick grip in my DG. Need ptt and cruise/climb but most of all need it to me comfy!
>
> Doug

I second the Ray Allen stick grips....I've installed 2 of them.....

Chuck

Steve Koerner
June 11th 15, 06:51 PM
I didn't like the grip on my '27 because it slips around and because it's too small in diameter. I turned a grip on the lathe out of Delrin plastic. I gave it three recessed set screws so it remains solidly in place. I used rubber coat plastic dip that you can get at any hardware store to give it a soft touch. This has worked well for me for several years.

It sounds like the tennis racket tape or handlebar tape might be a very good option too though. The commercially available grips that are referenced here look good if they have the right ID for your glider and if they stay put when you are low and desperate to make a skinny thermal work.

jfitch
June 11th 15, 10:31 PM
On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 10:51:26 AM UTC-7, Steve Koerner wrote:
> I didn't like the grip on my '27 because it slips around and because it's too small in diameter. I turned a grip on the lathe out of Delrin plastic.. I gave it three recessed set screws so it remains solidly in place. I used rubber coat plastic dip that you can get at any hardware store to give it a soft touch. This has worked well for me for several years.
>
> It sounds like the tennis racket tape or handlebar tape might be a very good option too though. The commercially available grips that are referenced here look good if they have the right ID for your glider and if they stay put when you are low and desperate to make a skinny thermal work.

I have not seen a commercial grip that works with a Schleicher trim trigger..

Google