PDA

View Full Version : possible low-cost solution to satisfying ADS-B requirement in gliders

Bob Pasker
April 7th 16, 02:20 PM
perhaps the SSA can learn from the EAA about how to get an STC for experimental equipment to satisfy the ADS-B requirement

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-news-and-aviation-news/news/04-06-2016-stc

"EAA, FAA, and Dynon officials said they have established a supplemental type certificate (STC) process for installation of the Dynon EFIS-D10A as a replacement for the airplane's primary attitude indicator. This allows innovations developed for the amateur-built aircraft fleet to make their way into specific Cessna and Piper models."

--bob

Bill T
April 8th 16, 10:31 PM
Not to cause confusion, but there is currently no requirement in the U.S. for ADS-B in gliders, no transponder either.
BillT

2G
April 10th 16, 04:13 AM
On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 2:31:08 PM UTC-7, Bill T wrote:
> Not to cause confusion, but there is currently no requirement in the U.S. for ADS-B in gliders, no transponder either.
> BillT

Unless you want to enter class A, B, or C airspace. It will also make you visible to other traffic. I installed a transponder after having a close encounter with a 737 near Reno.
Tom

Google