PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Task Speed

Kevin Christner
June 29th 16, 02:58 AM
Winning speed in the open class at Nephi today was over 113mph. Is this the fasted speed ever recorded in a contest?

June 29th 16, 03:15 AM
On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 8:58:18 PM UTC-5, Kevin Christner wrote:
> Winning speed in the open class at Nephi today was over 113mph. Is this the fasted speed ever recorded in a contest?

Nope, we had 126 mph at the 15 meter Nationals in 2002 at Tonopah. Gary Ittner burned the gelcoat off on that task.

Tony - TS1
102 mph and 33rd place for the day.

June 29th 16, 03:19 AM
On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 8:58:18 PM UTC-5, Kevin Christner wrote:
> Winning speed in the open class at Nephi today was over 113mph. Is this the fasted speed ever recorded in a contest?

My bad, it was only 122 mph on the Practice day

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
June 29th 16, 02:33 PM
A little dump task at region 4N (Newcastle, VA) is a ~120 mile ridge run which can be done in under 1hr dry.......

Google