PDA

View Full Version : Correct adhesive to use to attach tail wheel assembly.

Tony[_5_]
April 1st 18, 03:01 AM
On my Cirrus I've used Wildwood Contact Cement which comes in a can at Ace Hardware and others. So far so good

Scott Williams
April 1st 18, 03:14 AM
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 9:01:38 PM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
> On my Cirrus I've used Wildwood Contact Cement which comes in a can at Ace Hardware and others. So far so good

ditto on what Tony recommended, brushable though, not spray.
Good luck,
Scott.

Tim Taylor
April 1st 18, 03:41 AM
Standard application is with liquid contact cement. Be sure to give each side time to set-up before putting them together. Secondary method is a thick double sided tape. K&G used to carry it. I have never seen it other than glider suppy dealers in the US.

The skids are designed to break loose under load to protect the boom. Be careful not to use too strong of glue to attach it on.

Cookie
April 1st 18, 05:47 AM
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 10:01:38 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
> On my Cirrus I've used Wildwood Contact Cement which comes in a can at Ace Hardware and others. So far so good

Weld Wood...Wildwood is a resort in NJ

April 1st 18, 01:48 PM
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 10:41:05 PM UTC-4, Tim Taylor wrote:
> Standard application is with liquid contact cement. Be sure to give each side time to set-up before putting them together. Secondary method is a thick double sided tape. K&G used to carry it. I have never seen it other than glider suppy dealers in the US.
>
> The skids are designed to break loose under load to protect the boom. Be careful not to use too strong of glue to attach it on.

Adding a wrap of fabric tape around the seam after curing seems to help prevent the start of peeling of the glue joint.
UH

Dan Marotta
April 1st 18, 04:19 PM
Weldwood - me, too.Â* On my ASW-19b and LS-6a.Â* Works like a charm. Apply
with a brush, allow to dry, then bring the parts together.Â* Be careful
with alignment because it sticks!

--
Dan, 5J

April 3rd 18, 02:53 AM
On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 7:48:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 10:41:05 PM UTC-4, Tim Taylor wrote:
> > Standard application is with liquid contact cement. Be sure to give each side time to set-up before putting them together. Secondary method is a thick double sided tape. K&G used to carry it. I have never seen it other than glider suppy dealers in the US.
> >
> > The skids are designed to break loose under load to protect the boom. Be careful not to use too strong of glue to attach it on.
>
> Adding a wrap of fabric tape around the seam after curing seems to help prevent the start of peeling of the glue joint.
> UH

April 3rd 18, 03:05 AM
On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 10:19:49 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Weldwood - me, too.Â* On my ASW-19b and LS-6a.Â* Works like a charm. Apply
> with a brush, allow to dry, then bring the parts together.Â* Be careful
> with alignment because it sticks!
>
> On 3/31/2018 8:01 PM, Tony wrote:
> > On my Cirrus I've used Wildwood Contact Cement which comes in a can at Ace Hardware and others. So far so good
>
> --
> Dan, 5J

Thanks to all for the replies. Whine, be helpless and the soaring community responds. A buddy left some weldwood and a couple of brushes in my hangar. Thanks Jim.

I am currently out of dry Italian Red wine. If you have any suggestions, please deliver to my hangar.

9P

Google