PDA

View Full Version : Touch up urethane for a ash-31

RR
February 2nd 20, 03:17 PM
Any sugestions for a urethane paint for touch up on a 31? I had a little bit, but then waited to long to use it and the paint has separated, and the hardener has dried up. Need to buy some new, and looking for a sugestion for a place to buy some, in quantities less than gallons.

Craig Reinholt
February 2nd 20, 04:30 PM
On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 7:17:40 AM UTC-8, RR wrote:
> Any sugestions for a urethane paint for touch up on a 31? I had a little bit, but then waited to long to use it and the paint has separated, and the hardener has dried up. Need to buy some new, and looking for a sugestion for a place to buy some, in quantities less than gallons.

Contact Rex Mayes and ask him.
Williams Soaring 530-473-5600

kinsell
February 2nd 20, 07:47 PM
On 2/2/20 8:17 AM, RR wrote:
> Any sugestions for a urethane paint for touch up on a 31? I had a little bit, but then waited to long to use it and the paint has separated, and the hardener has dried up. Need to buy some new, and looking for a sugestion for a place to buy some, in quantities less than gallons.

For minor touchups, gelcoat works fine. Cheaper/safer/easier to use.

Per Carlin
February 2nd 20, 07:57 PM
Car paint repair shops can put 2k PU in spraycans, all you need to know is the Ral number of the paint.

February 2nd 20, 08:05 PM
On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 10:17:40 AM UTC-5, RR wrote:
> Any sugestions for a urethane paint for touch up on a 31? I had a little bit, but then waited to long to use it and the paint has separated, and the hardener has dried up. Need to buy some new, and looking for a sugestion for a place to buy some, in quantities less than gallons.

I use Sherwin Willaims 3rd Dimension acrylic urethane , mostly because that is what my paint supplier stocks. PPG Concept is almost the same and seems to be the default among most refinish shops.
Matching is a trial and error deal. Tinting is usually a small amount of yellow and a tiny bit of black.
Ships vary. They are not all the same. I understand Rex has said he goes to the paint store for each ship.
Take a winglet and see if your paint store can read and match.
Good luck
UH

Andrzej Kobus
February 2nd 20, 09:02 PM
On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 10:17:40 AM UTC-5, RR wrote:
> Any sugestions for a urethane paint for touch up on a 31? I had a little bit, but then waited to long to use it and the paint has separated, and the hardener has dried up. Need to buy some new, and looking for a sugestion for a place to buy some, in quantities less than gallons.

RR, PPG Concept, please send me an email and I will tell you where to get it locally, AK

Google