PDA

View Full Version : Source for Oil Aeroshell 15w-50

William Snow
May 5th 05, 10:15 PM
Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
other expendables. Thank you in advance.

May 5th 05, 10:42 PM
On 5-May-2005, "William Snow" > wrote:

> Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case
> of Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well
> as
> other expendables. Thank you in advance.

Others may correct me if I am uninformed, but I have yet to find an on-line
vendor with Aeroshell oil prices low enough relative to local outlets to
overcome the added costs of shipping. Your best bet is probably to contact
your local Shell oil distributor ("jobber") and ask for the case price of
the specific oil you are looking for. Actually, I have found that the local
pilot supply stores around here (Seattle area) actually sell Aeroshell oil
at case prices a tiny bit UNDER the distributor price. That policy is
probably intended by the distributor to protect its retail outlets.

As far as landing lights, oil filters, and other "expendables", you can
usually get discount prices from a number of on-line retail outlets. See,
for example, http://store.sky-quest.com/

-Elliott Drucker

Jim Burns
May 5th 05, 10:46 PM
Online???
Ebay will probably be the only place that you can combine the oil plus the
shipping to come out better than what you can buy it from your FBO.

You could try WagAero, Aircraft Spruce, Chief ect, they all list it, but I'd
be afraid of the freight costs.

Or try your local lubricant distributor. I just bought a 55 gal drum of
W100 from our local distributor for just less than $2.00 per qu. delivered.

Jim

"William Snow" > wrote in message
> Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case
of
> Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
> other expendables. Thank you in advance.

Ben Jackson
May 6th 05, 12:06 AM
On 2005-05-05, William Snow > wrote:
> Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
> Aeroshell oil.

Find your local Shell distributor. Around Portland, OR it's Carson Oil.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Michelle P
May 6th 05, 01:51 AM
I go to my local oil distributor. they do not have Landing lights though....
Michelle

William Snow wrote:

>Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
>Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
>other expendables. Thank you in advance.

Al Gilson
May 6th 05, 03:05 AM
William Snow wrote:
> Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
> Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
> other expendables. Thank you in advance.

We buy our Aeroshell 15/50 from the local Chevron jobber a mile from the
airport. (Really!) The Shell jobber also carries it, but he's 12 miles
from the airport.

Al

Don Hammer
May 6th 05, 03:22 AM
>Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
>Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
>other expendables. Thank you in advance.

Check with your local Sam's Club. I've heard they will order it for
you.

Jay Masino
May 6th 05, 12:07 PM
William Snow > wrote:
> Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
> Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
> other expendables. Thank you in advance.

This Yahoo affiliated store has a pretty good price...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/oilstore/aerpisenoil.html

I found that with shipping, it was still cheaper than my local airport.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___

Denny
May 6th 05, 01:30 PM
I go to my local oil distributor. they do not have Landing lights
though....
Michelle

The tractor supply store has your landing lights...

denny

Denny
May 6th 05, 01:37 PM
I will second the commercial oil distributor... Ours is in the next
town, 15 miles away... He has Shell and Phillips aircraft oils in
stock... He delivers to the airport at no extra charge... I just leave
the check on the table in the hangar... He drops the oil, takes the
check, leaves a receipt, and locks the door on the way out... I've
been hinting at his doing a bit of polishing on the wings also, but he
seems a bit deaf on that one...

Check the tractor store (farmer stuff) for landing lights... Other
expendables will probably be found at Wally world, etc...

cheers ... denny

Ron Natalie
May 6th 05, 01:55 PM
Denny wrote:
> I will second the commercial oil distributor... Ours is in the next
> town, 15 miles away...

Yep, the local Shell distributor (for the DC area it is Quarles
right off I-95 on Telegraph Road (near the big oil tanks) has cases
of all the Shell aviation oils. They'll even lug them out to your
car for you. They also give away country music tapes (seem to cater
to the trucking crowd, it's a promo for Rotella oil).

William Snow
May 7th 05, 06:15 PM
Thank You everyone. Yahoo did the trick.
--
Bill Snow

Tyler
May 9th 05, 03:25 PM
William Snow wrote:
> Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case of
> Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
> other expendables. Thank you in advance.

You don't need to go to a tractor store. I've bought aviation 4509s at the
local auto store. GE at one, Wagner at another.

Knechts, Autozone. NAPA may carry them also.

Victor J. Osborne, Jr.
May 21st 05, 12:58 AM
Also Wal-Mart (if you can get to the manager of the auto depart.)

--

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

VOsborne2 at charter dot net
"Don Hammer" > wrote in message

>>Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case
>>of
>>Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
>>other expendables. Thank you in advance.
>>

> Check with your local Sam's Club. I've heard they will order it for
> you.

Tom Inglima
May 22nd 05, 04:07 AM
Some Sams Clubs carry it. Just bought a case of AeroShell 15-50 for $27 at
the Sams Club in Miramar, FL, adjacent to N. Perry Airport (HWO)

Natrually they do not stock any other aviation products.

Tom

"Victor J. Osborne, Jr." > wrote in message
> Also Wal-Mart (if you can get to the manager of the auto depart.)
>
> --
>
> Thx, {|;-)
>
> Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.
>
> VOsborne2 at charter dot net
> "Don Hammer" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Would someone be kind enough to let me know the best place to buy a case
> >>of
> >>Aeroshell oil. I would like to purchase landing lights, etc., as well as
> >>other expendables. Thank you in advance.
> >>

> > Check with your local Sam's Club. I've heard they will order it for
> > you.

Orval Fairbairn
May 22nd 05, 08:46 PM
In article >,
"Tom Inglima" > wrote:

> Some Sams Clubs carry it. Just bought a case of AeroShell 15-50 for $27 at
> the Sams Club in Miramar, FL, adjacent to N. Perry Airport (HWO)
>
> Natrually they do not stock any other aviation products.

You STOLE it! Here in Daytona Beach, 15W50 is $50/case at Sam's. W100
is now $27 there. They must have mismarked it.

Google