PDA

View Full Version : CAP aircraft heirarchy

Robert M. Gary
June 17th 05, 09:11 PM
I understand that I must take a form 5 ride annually in the "highest"
aircraft I fly. So who wins between a C206 and a Mooney M20F. The 206
has more horsepower but the Mooney is "complex" (in the FAA terms, CAP
has another defintion of complex).

-Robert

Jim Burns
June 17th 05, 10:23 PM
C206 would also have the highest gross weight, but I'm not a CAP member so I
really don't know.
Jim

"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I understand that I must take a form 5 ride annually in the "highest"
> aircraft I fly. So who wins between a C206 and a Mooney M20F. The 206
> has more horsepower but the Mooney is "complex" (in the FAA terms, CAP
> has another defintion of complex).
>
> -Robert

Ronald Gardner
June 18th 05, 12:07 AM
Check the req 60-1 it depends on the type rating CAP gives the Aircraft.
With out looking I am sure a form 5 in the 206 will allow you to fly CAP
182 and 172. But I think the mooney is rated different being complex. Is
the Mooney a CAP aircraft?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

> I understand that I must take a form 5 ride annually in the "highest"
> aircraft I fly. So who wins between a C206 and a Mooney M20F. The 206
> has more horsepower but the Mooney is "complex" (in the FAA terms, CAP
> has another defintion of complex).
>
> -Robert

Robert M. Gary
June 18th 05, 12:15 AM
The Mooney is mine, I want to be able to do O rides in it.

Jay Honeck
June 18th 05, 12:41 AM
> The Mooney is mine, I want to be able to do O rides in it.

Can you get reimbursed for O-rides in a personal aircraft?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

john smith
June 18th 05, 03:32 AM
Ronald Gardner wrote:
> Check the req 60-1 it depends on the type rating CAP gives the Aircraft.
> With out looking I am sure a form 5 in the 206 will allow you to fly CAP
> 182 and 172. But I think the mooney is rated different being complex. Is
> the Mooney a CAP aircraft?

Uh-oh!
Jay just discovered another tax deduction.

BTIZ
June 18th 05, 03:51 AM
yes

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>> The Mooney is mine, I want to be able to do O rides in it.
>
> Can you get reimbursed for O-rides in a personal aircraft?
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Sylvain
June 18th 05, 09:10 AM
Robert M. Gary wrote:
> I understand that I must take a form 5 ride annually in the "highest"
> aircraft I fly. So who wins between a C206 and a Mooney M20F. The 206
> has more horsepower but the Mooney is "complex" (in the FAA terms, CAP
> has another defintion of complex).
>
> -Robert

it's all spelled out in CAPR 60-1 (paragraph 3.9 if I am not
mistaken)

--Sylvain

Robert M. Gary
June 19th 05, 05:29 AM
Young Eagles is another great one as is Angel Flight

Google