PDA

View Full Version : Accident db?

July 25th 05, 02:09 PM
When a title search is done, the company often offeres to provide a
history of accidents in which the a/c was involved.

Googling for 'FAA Accidents" I see what appears to be a wide range of
choices.

Anyone know which db contains the information showing what accidents a
specific a/c may have been involved in? - Mike

Ron Wanttaja
July 25th 05, 02:58 PM
On 25 Jul 2005 06:09:07 -0700, wrote:

>When a title search is done, the company often offeres to provide a
>history of accidents in which the a/c was involved.
>
>Googling for 'FAA Accidents" I see what appears to be a wide range of
>choices.
>
>Anyone know which db contains the information showing what accidents a
>specific a/c may have been involved in? - Mike

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp

Ron Wanttaja

July 25th 05, 06:04 PM
Thanks Ron - Now the question is "what does it take to have an entry?".
NTSB involvement?

On a related topic, where would I find all the 337s completed for that
a/c? Should be copies in the log, but sometime they get lost.

Finally, am I correct that a 337 is not only the vehicle for recording
a modification to an aircraft, but also the vehicle for reporting major
repairs?

- Mike

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
> On 25 Jul 2005 06:09:07 -0700, wrote:
>
> >When a title search is done, the company often offeres to provide a
> >history of accidents in which the a/c was involved.
> >
> >Googling for 'FAA Accidents" I see what appears to be a wide range of
> >choices.
> >
> >Anyone know which db contains the information showing what accidents a
> >specific a/c may have been involved in? - Mike
>
> http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp
>
> Ron Wanttaja

xyzzy
July 25th 05, 06:22 PM
wrote:

> Thanks Ron - Now the question is "what does it take to have an entry?".
> NTSB involvement?
>
> On a related topic, where would I find all the 337s completed for that
> a/c? Should be copies in the log, but sometime they get lost.
>
> Finally, am I correct that a 337 is not only the vehicle for recording
> a modification to an aircraft, but also the vehicle for reporting major
> repairs?
>
> - Mike
>

> Ron Wanttaja wrote:
>
>>On 25 Jul 2005 06:09:07 -0700, wrote:
>>

>>>When a title search is done, the company often offeres to provide a
>>>history of accidents in which the a/c was involved.
>>>
>>>Googling for 'FAA Accidents" I see what appears to be a wide range of
>>>choices.
>>>
>>>Anyone know which db contains the information showing what accidents a
>>>specific a/c may have been involved in? - Mike
>>
>>http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp
>>
>>Ron Wanttaja

Sounds like he is doing a background search on a specific A/C. One
method that works pretty well is to simply do a google on the N-number.
I've done that in the past and gotten not only accident reports, but
SD reports that can be very instructive too. Also I have found
information about airplanes that the owners may not want you to know,
specifically if a previous owner still has info about it on his webpage,
etc.

Doing that doesn't replace specific searches of the proper databases,
but it may point you in directions you may not have thought to look.

Google