PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area - Tower Enroute Clearance (TEC)

Edward Tejnil
August 12th 05, 11:04 PM
FYI, routes you can expect when flying TEC from SF Bay Area airports (see URL)!

http://www.faa.gov/ats/oakaifss/TEC/TECInfo.htm

Best Regards,
Ed

August 13th 05, 04:50 PM
Is there one for so. cal? What is the URL?

Gene Whitt
August 14th 05, 05:44 AM
Y'All,
Just this morning I tried a Tower En Route for Concord (CCR) to
Ukiah (UKI)

Concord ground gave me...
Cesssna 561DE is cleared to Skaggs Island VOR via Buchanan seven departure
Skaggs Island transition. Climb and maintaian 4000 expect 6000 in ten
minutes, departure frequency is 119.9. Squawk
****.
I flew the departure above and when Travis handed me off to Oakland Center
on approaching Skaggs Island VOR, I requested of Oakland Center the rest of
my clearance to Ukiah.

The clearance was Cleared to Santa Rosa VOR, Mendicino VOR
Direct Ukiah. Approaching Mendicion VOR I requested vectors
rather than 'own nav'.

My point in bringing this up is to show that what ATC says is the
procedures often has been ammended inside the system to make it work far
beyond the written word. All you need to do is ASK.

Years ago I 'negotiated' my way right through LAX Class B airspace with a
minimum of difficulty until Burbank Approach quiried me as to how I managed
to get to him. A month previously I had flown for nearly an hour on a
'preferred routing' only to find myself further southeast than where I had
started.

Gene Whitt
Gene Whitt

Google