PDA

View Full Version : Re: Student Pilot needs advice on buying 172 Cessna

mcannon
August 27th 05, 11:27 AM
Gday everyone,

I have found an aircraft which used to belong to my father in the late
70's, a 172 cessna skyhawlk.

Since i have no experinece with the aircraft buying process, what
advise or referal would any of you have in order for me to do so
successfully?

thanks.
mcannon
melb.

--
mcannon
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Paul kgyy
September 1st 05, 07:00 PM
Go to Aeroprice.com for books and pricing software.

September 5th 05, 03:43 PM
Google this: "Buying a 172." This group and the piloting group
have plenty of previous posts about the 172's idiosyncrasies and what a
buyer should watch for. There are a few items that will apply to most
172s, but every airplane is different since it gets abused in different
ways by different owners. It needs a really good inspection by a
mechanic who is familiar with the type before you put any money on it.

Dan

Google