PDA

View Full Version : antenna for rag and tube Aircraft

January 10th 05, 02:42 AM
I was looking for a hideable antenna for a rag and tube homebuilt, I
emailed RST to see if they had a kit for one but seems it isn't
possible? Anyone out there had any success? I guess I've seen those
angular ones that get stuffed in wingtips and I will have thin plywood
and dacron covering or soon to be on mine. Sure wish RST had a kit for
that!
Over, Timbob

RST Engineering
January 10th 05, 04:06 AM
Well shucks, you can hide antennas in tube and fabric structures where there
are no tubes. The problem is getting ENGINEERING drawings from the designer
showing where there are tubes, and where there is wood and fabric.

You can't rely on hand drawn sketches from a builder, as inevitably there
are metal thingies that they think are inconsequential that totally screw up
the design.

ENGINEERING drawings from the designer. Otherwise, I pass on any design.
If Rutan can give me drawings for his latest designs, so can the rest of
you.

Jim

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was looking for a hideable antenna for a rag and tube homebuilt, I
> emailed RST to see if they had a kit for one but seems it isn't
> possible? Anyone out there had any success? I guess I've seen those
> angular ones that get stuffed in wingtips and I will have thin plywood
> and dacron covering or soon to be on mine. Sure wish RST had a kit for
> that!
> Over, Timbob

Ebby
January 11th 05, 10:58 PM
Try Advanced Aircraft Electronics. Their antennas are for composite
aircraft but could be adapted to a tube and fabric fuselage or placed in the
wing. Chief Aircraft and others carry them. I have one that I am going to
install in my Hatz Biplane.

--
Ebby
Hatz Classic s/n37