antenna for rag and tube Aircraft

Old January 10th 05, 02:42 AM

Default antenna for rag and tube Aircraft

I was looking for a hideable antenna for a rag and tube homebuilt, I
emailed RST to see if they had a kit for one but seems it isn't
possible? Anyone out there had any success? I guess I've seen those
angular ones that get stuffed in wingtips and I will have thin plywood
and dacron covering or soon to be on mine. Sure wish RST had a kit for
that!
Over, Timbob

Old January 10th 05, 04:06 AM
RST Engineering

Well shucks, you can hide antennas in tube and fabric structures where there
are no tubes. The problem is getting ENGINEERING drawings from the designer
showing where there are tubes, and where there is wood and fabric.

You can't rely on hand drawn sketches from a builder, as inevitably there
are metal thingies that they think are inconsequential that totally screw up
the design.

ENGINEERING drawings from the designer. Otherwise, I pass on any design.
If Rutan can give me drawings for his latest designs, so can the rest of
you.

Jim

oups.com...

Old January 11th 05, 10:58 PM
Ebby

Try Advanced Aircraft Electronics. Their antennas are for composite
aircraft but could be adapted to a tube and fabric fuselage or placed in the
wing. Chief Aircraft and others carry them. I have one that I am going to
install in my Hatz Biplane.

--
Ebby
Hatz Classic s/n37

Best VHF Antenna Steve Home Built 6 January 25th 05 02:04 PM
VHF & Transponder antenna Steve Home Built 1 December 6th 04 04:29 PM
Recovering a Tube and Rag Aircraft jls Home Built 1 October 15th 04 01:05 AM
Rag and tube construction and computer models? BllFs6 Home Built 24 April 12th 04 12:20 PM
Why 4130 tube? Leon McAtee Home Built 31 March 28th 04 03:04 PM