PDA

View Full Version : This Years Annual!! Oh Boy!!! :) Simi Long!

NW_PILOT
October 30th 05, 09:04 PM
The Annual on my 150 went very well! It was a very long day yesterday, We
have the airplane mostly all sealed back up,

1, New ELT Battery Installed & Tested, & Complete
2, Repack Wheel Barings, Complete
3, Replace All Aileron Hinge Screws & Nuts, Complete
4, Check Mag's, Recommended Mags Should Be Serviced But Not Required,
Removed for Servicing!
5, Throttle Cable Housing Broken & Brittle, Need To Replace Throttle Cable
Will Order Monday Along With New Mixture Cable At Same Time Why Replace One
With Out The Other! Will Order On Monday
6, Fuel Tank Cross Vent Rubber Wing Root Tube Has Cracking Needs
Replacement! Will Order On Monday
7, Replace Vacuum Pump Filter, Complete
8, Nut Plate AD Termination Recommended, When Other Parts Arrive Will Be
Complete.
9, Oil Seepage From Oil Screen Housing, Replaced Crush Gasket Again!
10, Changed Oil & Filter, Cut & Inspected Oil Filter.
11, Since Mags Were Removed Inspected Gears In Engine All Looked Good.

12, Few other little things that are not airworthiness issues that are being
done! I left the list at the airplane!

Compressions All 76/80 or better

Annual Inspection Complete! Not many Squawks This year :) & nothing real
Expensive! The Parts That Are Needed Will Be Ordered On Monday And Replaced
When They All Arrive. Everything Will Be Signed Off at One Time. Any
Recommendations On Best Place To Get Control Cables? Seems Like McFarlane
Aviation Is The Place To Go.

Little Bit More Than Expected, The Throttle Cable Was A Big Surprise How Bad
It Really Was Kind Of Scared Me A Little, So Far This Annual Has Not That
Bad! Awaiting The Verdict On My Mag's, I also removed my KR 86 ADF to send
it in for service!

I like this owner assisted annual always learning! I Learned how having an
airplane in 1 climate "wet & moist" most of its life then going to another
climate "hot & dry" for a few months really reeks havoc on old rubber parts!

I Will Fill You all In Next Week!
Steven Rhine

NW_PILOT
October 31st 05, 03:37 AM
Well I am going to go sweet talk my bank account today and buy a dozen roses
for the better half and go spend $1,200 on a slick 4301 mag kit from
aircraft spruce! Ouch!

"NW_PILOT" > wrote in message
> The Annual on my 150 went very well! It was a very long day yesterday, We
> have the airplane mostly all sealed back up,
>
> 1, New ELT Battery Installed & Tested, & Complete
> 2, Repack Wheel Barings, Complete
> 3, Replace All Aileron Hinge Screws & Nuts, Complete
> 4, Check Mag's, Recommended Mags Should Be Serviced But Not Required,
> Removed for Servicing!
> 5, Throttle Cable Housing Broken & Brittle, Need To Replace Throttle Cable
> Will Order Monday Along With New Mixture Cable At Same Time Why Replace
One
> With Out The Other! Will Order On Monday
> 6, Fuel Tank Cross Vent Rubber Wing Root Tube Has Cracking Needs
> Replacement! Will Order On Monday
> 7, Replace Vacuum Pump Filter, Complete
> 8, Nut Plate AD Termination Recommended, When Other Parts Arrive Will Be
> Complete.
> 9, Oil Seepage From Oil Screen Housing, Replaced Crush Gasket Again!
> 10, Changed Oil & Filter, Cut & Inspected Oil Filter.
> 11, Since Mags Were Removed Inspected Gears In Engine All Looked Good.
>
> 12, Few other little things that are not airworthiness issues that are
being
> done! I left the list at the airplane!
>
> Compressions All 76/80 or better
>
> Annual Inspection Complete! Not many Squawks This year :) & nothing real
> Expensive! The Parts That Are Needed Will Be Ordered On Monday And
Replaced
> When They All Arrive. Everything Will Be Signed Off at One Time. Any
> Recommendations On Best Place To Get Control Cables? Seems Like McFarlane
> Aviation Is The Place To Go.
>
> Little Bit More Than Expected, The Throttle Cable Was A Big Surprise How
Bad
> It Really Was Kind Of Scared Me A Little, So Far This Annual Has Not That
> Bad! Awaiting The Verdict On My Mag's, I also removed my KR 86 ADF to send
> it in for service!
>
> I like this owner assisted annual always learning! I Learned how having an
> airplane in 1 climate "wet & moist" most of its life then going to another
> climate "hot & dry" for a few months really reeks havoc on old rubber
parts!

> I Will Fill You all In Next Week!
> Steven Rhine

Jay Honeck
October 31st 05, 02:41 PM
> Well I am going to go sweet talk my bank account today and buy a dozen
> roses
> for the better half and go spend $1,200 on a slick 4301 mag kit from
> aircraft spruce! Ouch!

Why?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Mike Rapoport
October 31st 05, 03:24 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>> Well I am going to go sweet talk my bank account today and buy a dozen
>> roses
>> for the better half and go spend $1,200 on a slick 4301 mag kit from
>> aircraft spruce! Ouch!
>
> Why?

Because she lets him keep spending on the airplane.

Mike
MU-2

Jay Honeck
October 31st 05, 05:19 PM
> >> Well I am going to go sweet talk my bank account today and buy a dozen
> >> roses
> >> for the better half and go spend $1,200 on a slick 4301 mag kit from
> >> aircraft spruce! Ouch!
> >
> > Why?
> >

> Because she lets him keep spending on the airplane.

Right. I understand the roses part.

Why does he need the mag kit?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

NW_PILOT
October 31st 05, 08:34 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> > > Why?
> > >

> > Because she lets him keep spending on the airplane.
>
> Right. I understand the roses part.
>
> Why does he need the mag kit?
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Old Mags, Need Parts = $$$$$, The Parts Total About $900 to $1100 + Labor
For Rebuild

A&P took mags appart found cracks & worn baring bad seals ect. Cheaper to
replace with the slick kit rather than service and still have old mags!
$1,224.55 Includes new mags & 7 lbs lighter also, Includes New Harness &
Plugs + a $150.00 Rebate From Slick. Total after all discounts including
cash back bonus on credit card $1050.00 Includes Free Shipping From
Aircraft Spruce.

I had to dip in to my flight training money wife said no to dipping into the
vacation money this year & I did not want to touch engine overhaul fund
hehehe!!!!

Looks like I need to re thing how much i put away per hour for maintance
this year I am down -$800 in that account due to the mag's! better Safe than
Sorry later!

November 1st 05, 05:06 AM
On 31-Oct-2005, "NW_PILOT" > wrote:

> I had to dip in to my flight training money wife said no to dipping into
> the
> vacation money this year & I did not want to touch engine overhaul fund
> hehehe!!!!
>
> Looks like I need to re thing how much i put away per hour for maintance
> this year I am down -$800 in that account due to the mag's! better Safe
> than
> Sorry later!

This is really interesting. Unless there are two "NW_PILOT"s hanging around
this NG, the same guy who here is lamenting the cost of maintaining a C-150
has inquiring a few days ago about the costs to operate a C-402.

--
-Elliott Drucker

NW_PILOT
November 1st 05, 05:49 AM

> On 31-Oct-2005, "NW_PILOT" > wrote:
>
> > I had to dip in to my flight training money wife said no to dipping into
> > the
> > vacation money this year & I did not want to touch engine overhaul fund
> > hehehe!!!!
> >
> > Looks like I need to re thing how much i put away per hour for maintance
> > this year I am down -$800 in that account due to the mag's! better Safe
> > than
> > Sorry later!
>

> This is really interesting. Unless there are two "NW_PILOT"s hanging
around
> this NG, the same guy who here is lamenting the cost of maintaining a
C-150
> has inquiring a few days ago about the costs to operate a C-402.
>
> --
> -Elliott Drucker

I have no problems with the $$$$ issue I am not complaining either I am just
trying to figure out a good budget to keep my account up for every hour I
fly so a little surprise like mags won't be so damaging any other accounts.
I can handle 3 & 4 digit numbers but 4 digit numbers upset the better half a
bit! but dose not upset me because if I want to play I got to pay & still
cheaper than my banshee.

Ray Andraka
November 9th 05, 10:53 PM
Jay Honeck wrote: