PDA

View Full Version : Piper Rudder Pedal Pads

Mike Spera
November 4th 05, 12:27 AM
Thought I would spruce up the old bird with a new set of rudder pedal
pads. I have seen several planes where they have either tie-wrapped them
on or, worse yet, SCREWED them on.

Looking in the ol' Piper parts inventory I see that they are WHAT!!!!!
$84.39 EACH!!! Ah, yes. The old "Aviation Gouge".

Anyway, does anyone have a clue as to what 1966-ish automobile these
were really made for? I may go down to the local parts store with one in
hand to compare against the "Help" parts on the rack. Might get lucky. I
am SURE there is a $6.99 solution to this problem.

Thanks for any info.

Mike

Jim Burns
November 4th 05, 03:31 AM
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Browse/tf-Browse/s-10101/showAll-0/showCustom-0/N-111+10201+600002681/c-10101

trim to fit, drill & countersink one hole in each corner, carriage bolt
through the front, steel stop nut on the back, black rtv to fill the
countersink hole. lasts forever, won't come off.

(no, I haven't done this, it was just an idea :)

Jim

Google