PDA

View Full Version : Another question about simulators

James Blakely
July 24th 03, 11:30 PM
I use Jeppensen's FlightPro to maintain my instrument scan because I just
don't get enough real IMC time.

The one thing I don't like about it is when you break out, there is no
ground information at all. The ground is simply an all green field. The
airport is nothing more than a black stripe indicating the runway. (It does
have runway lights.)

I'm looking for something more realistic. When I break out of the clouds, I
want to see a real city with all the ground clutter.

It seems to me, although I've never used it, that Microsoft FS would be
really good at this. Can anyone who used MFS comment on this?

Any other FSs that show realistic ground clutter?

Peter R.
July 25th 03, 03:31 PM
James Blakely ) wrote:

> It seems to me, although I've never used it, that Microsoft FS would be
> really good at this. Can anyone who used MFS comment on this?

Yes, the current version is very good with regards to simulating scenery,
depending on what country you fly, especially if spend a few more dollars
to upgrade the mesh (topography) and landclass (textures that make up the
ground cover).

I have read that the latest FS2004 has much improved weather, a Garmin GPS
that rivals an actual GPS simulator with a now-dated complete GPS database
(including approaches), improved ATC that will allow one to fly non-
precision approaches and pop-up clearances, and better flight modeling. It
is my intention to use FS2004 (when I receive it) to keep my scan tuned.

--
Peter

Google