PDA

View Full Version : Re: Oshkosh 2003 photo's are up

Jay Honeck
August 5th 03, 03:59 AM
> If anyone cares to see a few hundred Oshkosh photo's, I put them on my
> site..

Great pix, Dennis!

Did you get any aerial shots of the North 40 that you didn't post? I'd sure
like one of our campsite!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Morgans
August 5th 03, 07:36 AM
"Dennis" > wrote in message
> If anyone cares to see a few hundred Oshkosh photo's, I put them on my
> site..
>
> http://www.MyAirplane.com/oshkosh2003
>
> And if you want to see last years photo's
>
> http://www.MyAirplane.com/oshkosh2002
>
> Dennis
> N3868J
> MyAirplane.com

Nice pics. I do have two requests, for the future.

Would it be possible to get all of the pictures to appear like a slide show,
full screen? How about some captions. I would love to know more of the
story on some of those!
--
---Jim in NC---

Grumman-581
August 5th 03, 09:29 AM
"Dennis" wrote ...
> If anyone cares to see a few hundred Oshkosh photo's,
> I put them on my site..

Dennis... The way that you created the 'thumbnails' is not really
thumbnails... Using the HTML IMAGE tag to resize the images ends up
happening on the client side, so you end up transferring the entire image
down to the client instead of a true thumbnail image... If you are going to
do it this way, you might as well put the full images on the HTML pages and
forget about the links to the JPG images since you're just doubling your
network traffic with your current mechansim...

Just thought I would mention it in case you weren't aware of how it
worked... If this was what you intended, feel free to ignore my comments...

Dennis
August 5th 03, 12:11 PM
If you can not read some of the text in the pictures, send me and email (you
can get off my web site, I get to much spam to post here) and I'll forward
to you the orginal, these pictures were orginaly over a meg in size and
2560x1920 pixels..

Dennis
N3868J
MyAirplane.com

"Morgans" <post/the/group.here.net> wrote in message

> "Dennis" > wrote in message
> > If anyone cares to see a few hundred Oshkosh photo's, I put them on my
> > site..
> >
> > http://www.MyAirplane.com/oshkosh2003
> >
> > And if you want to see last years photo's
> >
> > http://www.MyAirplane.com/oshkosh2002
> >
> > Dennis
> > N3868J
> > MyAirplane.com
> >

> Nice pics. I do have two requests, for the future.
>
> Would it be possible to get all of the pictures to appear like a slide
show,
> full screen? How about some captions. I would love to know more of the
> story on some of those!
> --
> ---Jim in NC---

Montblack
August 5th 03, 02:02 PM
Photo group 10 of 13 (Helicopter ride)
2nd row down
Far right thumbnail
Make it big

Your plane and another are in the row. Sunday? Hey, there's my (Margene's)
car at the Hilton lot.

--
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
> Did you get any aerial shots of the North 40 that you didn't post? I'd
sure
> like one of our campsite!

Jay Honeck
August 5th 03, 02:37 PM
> Photo group 10 of 13 (Helicopter ride)
> 2nd row down
> Far right thumbnail
> Make it big

Too pixilated, dang it... :(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jeff Franks
August 5th 03, 10:06 PM
Glasair I think? II or III

"Marco Rispoli" > wrote in message
.net...
> what type of plane is this?
>
> http://www.myairplane.com/oshkosh2003/images/P1010533.JPG
>
> http://www.myairplane.com/oshkosh2003/images/P1010540.JPG
>
> That's one sweet looking aircraft!
>
> --
> Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA
> You can read my flight training diary at
> http://www.tranceweb.net
> "Dennis" > wrote in message
> > If anyone cares to see a few hundred Oshkosh photo's, I put them on my
> > site..
> >
> > http://www.MyAirplane.com/oshkosh2003
> >
> > And if you want to see last years photo's
> >
> > http://www.MyAirplane.com/oshkosh2002
> >
> > Dennis
> > N3868J
> > MyAirplane.com

Vassilii Khachaturov
August 8th 03, 01:56 AM
Thanks!
BTW, mine are here:
http://www.tarunz.org/~vassilii/Images/OSH03/

one day I'll be less lazy and will post a story to accompany those :)

Google