PDA

View Full Version : Attn: TC Re: Aztec hyd overflow

Jim Burns
November 30th 05, 11:01 PM
Hey TC,

I found the following post, posted just last week, on a Twin Piper Chat
Group regarding hyd fluid overflow on another Wisconsin based Aztec. Very
interesting!
Jim

We have a 1978 F Aztec. Last winter,about when it started getting cold, the
airplane started dumping hydraulic fluid out the overflow vent in the nose
gear well. We struggled with this for a couple months - there was a post on
this site about it. Finally in March 2005, we put in a new powerpack and the
problem went away. Now it's winter again, and yesterday on the first real
cold day flight since last winter, about 20 F in southern Wisconsin, it
started doing it again. Now we are wondering if it is a cold weather issue.
As the hydraulic gets thicker with cold, does that contribute to the gear
system dumping the hydraulic fluid. Have any of you out there had any
experience with this? Look forward to your responses.

Google