PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 530 Bearing to fix ? Error ?

Chuck
August 9th 03, 10:37 PM
Hey there!

It seems to me that when on the FPL page all
of the bearings to fixes entered are bearings
from the previous fix on the entered flight plan.

When ATC asks "what is the bearing to XYZ fix"
if you were to read from the FPL page,that would be incorrect as it
is NOT from your present position.

So, have any of you found a short cut,besides highlighting
the fix and then direct enter, direct enter to go back to
fix you were navigating,please let me know.

Thanks

Robert Henry
August 10th 03, 02:03 AM
How about: highlight, direct, read the lower right course box, clr?

"Chuck" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey there!
>
> It seems to me that when on the FPL page all
> of the bearings to fixes entered are bearings
> from the previous fix on the entered flight plan.
>
> When ATC asks "what is the bearing to XYZ fix"
> if you were to read from the FPL page,that would be incorrect as it
> is NOT from your present position.
>
> So, have any of you found a short cut,besides highlighting
> the fix and then direct enter, direct enter to go back to
> fix you were navigating,please let me know.
>
> Thanks

paul k. sanchez
August 10th 03, 07:48 PM
>Hey there!
>
>It seems to me that when on the FPL page all of the bearings to fixes entered
are bearings from the previous fix on the entered flight plan.

>When ATC asks "what is the bearing to XYZ fix" if you were to read from the
FPL page, that would be incorrect as it is NOT from your present position.

>So, have any of you found a short cut,besides highlighting the fix and then
direct enter, direct enter to go back to fix you were navigating,please let me
know.

>Thanks

Bruce:
I think I am a little bit confused. I thought the column on FPL page 1 or 2 was
DTK (desired track or course line) not the current bearing.

If you are trying to determine your bearing to the current waypoint, NAV page 1
and 2 can be configured to show BRG as a data field. This is much more useful
than what the DTK is. In fact if you also have the data field TRK, if your TRK
matches your BRG you will get there.

I think all the other suggestions, from FPL page 1 highlighting the waypoint
and pressing DIRECT and just reading off the course, would probably work out
the best.

I think perhaps you have not configured the FPL and NAV pages to the best
presentation of information.

paul k. sanchez, cfii-mei
on eagles’ wings
2011 south perimeter road, suite g