PDA

View Full Version : KX125

Roger
December 4th 05, 02:31 AM
I was in the process of entering the AWOS freq and when I pulled the center
knob to select the .72 on my King KX125 the whole center knob and shaft
came out. Has anyone had this problem? What does it involve to fix it?

john smith
December 4th 05, 04:53 AM
> I was in the process of entering the AWOS freq and when I pulled the center
> knob to select the .72 on my King KX125 the whole center knob and shaft
> came out. Has anyone had this problem? What does it involve to fix it?

Carefully push the knob back onto the shaft.

BTIZ
December 4th 05, 05:26 AM
sounds like a trip to the radio shop..
if the shaft came out with the knob,..

BT

"john smith" > wrote in message
>> I was in the process of entering the AWOS freq and when I pulled the
>> center
>> knob to select the .72 on my King KX125 the whole center knob and shaft
>> came out. Has anyone had this problem? What does it involve to fix it?
>
> Carefully push the knob back onto the shaft.

kgruber
December 4th 05, 06:55 PM
More than likely it is just too old to be fixed or possibly even used.

See:

http://www.avionix.com/navcoms.html

Karl
"BTIZ" > wrote in message
> sounds like a trip to the radio shop..
> if the shaft came out with the knob,..
>
> BT
>
> "john smith" > wrote in message
>>> I was in the process of entering the AWOS freq and when I pulled the
>>> center
>>> knob to select the .72 on my King KX125 the whole center knob and shaft
>>> came out. Has anyone had this problem? What does it involve to fix it?
>>
>> Carefully push the knob back onto the shaft.

Roger
December 4th 05, 11:51 PM
Checked out the site and this is what they had to say about the KX125:
Bendix/King KX-125
The Bendix/King KX-125 is their lowest priced Nav/Com. It features a 760
channel Comm unit, 200 channel Nav side, LCD display, digital radial/bearing
display, and a built-in digital course indicator.

a..
a.. Bendix/King KX-125 New
Reg........ $ 2,540 ... Special!........ $ 2,289
b.. Bendix/King KX-125 Recon.
Reg........ $ 1,889 ... Special!........ $ 1,789
Click Here to Order
The KX-125 has the quality and reliability you expect from AlliedSignal.
This is a nice Nav/Com at a bargain price... Jim

Roger

"kgruber" > wrote in message
> More than likely it is just too old to be fixed or possibly even used.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.avionix.com/navcoms.html
>
> Karl
> "BTIZ" > wrote in message
>> sounds like a trip to the radio shop..
>> if the shaft came out with the knob,..
>>
>> BT

>>> Carefully push the knob back onto the shaft.

Dave S
December 5th 05, 05:25 AM
kgruber wrote:
> More than likely it is just too old to be fixed or possibly even used.

I've used a KX-125 and I can assure you this is not an "old radio". Its
a digital flip-flop nav-com with a built in LCD bar-style CDI and
display. If I am not mistaken, they are still in production.

Repair? bag the part.. and go see your radio guy.

Dave

Google