PDA

View Full Version : Re: Special Use Airspace on GPS

Jeff Doran
August 10th 03, 06:48 PM
Control Zone?

Jeff N1159P ACY

Doug Vetter > wrote in message >...
> Roger Tracy wrote:
> > I've recently noticed the airspace around a couple local uncontrolled
> > fields showing up on my IFR GPS as SUA. There's nothing anywhere
> > to show a chance in status .. and certainly nothing around these
> > airports out in the boonies to suggest it. Just the normal transition
> > areas for the approaches. The fields are KFMZ and
> > KAFK. Any body got any ideas?
>
> Hey, I saw that too and thought I was going crazy. The one I saw on our
> GNS430 surrounds 47N, a non-towered field here in NJ.
>
> I just updated the database but haven't flown with it yet (lousy
> freakin' east coast weather...). When I do, I'll verify whether it's
> still there. Hopefully it was just a fluke.
>
> -Doug

Steven P. McNicoll
August 10th 03, 07:46 PM
"Robert Moore" > wrote in message
. 7...

> What's a "control zone"?

A typical wife's view of marriage.

Jeff Doran
August 11th 03, 01:28 AM
Ahem, pardon me....Class E Surface Airspace.

Jeff
N1159P ACY

Robert Moore > wrote in message >...
> (Jeff Doran) wrote
> > Control Zone?
>
> What's a "control zone"?
>
> Bob Moore

Roger Tracy
August 11th 03, 01:23 PM
I installed the new updates over the weekend and they're gone now. After
discussions
with Jepp (that was a treat .. tops in arrogance) and Garmin .. Jepp says
Garmin
requested the E space be put in the database. Well .. the E space they put
in was
E2 .. or the transitions areas. The E space that goes to the surface might
actually
be helpful .. but to put all the transition areas in .. yikes.

"Jeff Doran" > wrote in message
om...
> Ahem, pardon me....Class E Surface Airspace.
>
> Jeff
> N1159P ACY
>

> Robert Moore > wrote in message
> > (Jeff Doran) wrote