PDA

View Full Version : IFR written passed

Tune2828
August 11th 03, 08:15 PM
have about 140 hours and 8 hours into instrument work. going at moderate pace-
usually once a week sometimes two, but long flights and i practice MS04 and
read a lot in between. probably gonna step it up a bit now that written's done

passed with 95%. was actually quite easy since i've been carrying around my
jep prep guide for 6 months, and practicing this site constantly:
http://www.webexams.com/ (before of wrong answers on runway lengths) - if
doing again i'd just get the gleim.

the CAT test interface totally changed since my ppl in 2000. easier to read,
illustrations on screen. not DOS looking anymore.

also i should know this - but can anyone confirm the minimum hours for
checkride? i believe it's 30 total, 15 with CFI - but how many of these can be
in sim?

been looking into doing some more sim time - and was looking at pics of various
AST-300's and found this link to a 737 sim avail. to public
too bad it's in brussels. united had a really cool 2 day program where you
learned 737 systems and spend a few hours in sim, but don't see it on their
link anymore, so prob cx'd due to 9/11

Tune2828
August 11th 03, 08:24 PM
meant to attach this: who knows - maybe someday!

http://www.sfa.be/fly_a_sim/default.htm

Larry Fransson
August 11th 03, 08:37 PM
In article >,
(Tune2828) wrote:

> united had a really cool 2 day program where you
> learned 737 systems and spend a few hours in sim, but don't see it on their
> link anymore, so prob cx'd due to 9/11

That's not it. The exact reason wasn't specified, but Continental is
now hosting that program.

--
Larry Fransson
Aviation software for Mac OS X!

Max T, CFI
August 12th 03, 10:01 PM
You'll find the full details in Part 61. The total instrument flight time is 40 hours (unless
you're in a Part 141 school where it's lower). You can do up to 20 hours in one of the
fully approved simulators, or up to 10 hours in a PC based simulator.
Max T, CFI

Tune2828 > wrote in message ...
> have about 140 hours and 8 hours into instrument work. going at moderate pace-
> usually once a week sometimes two, but long flights and i practice MS04 and
> read a lot in between. probably gonna step it up a bit now that written's done

> also i should know this - but can anyone confirm the minimum hours for
> checkride? i believe it's 30 total, 15 with CFI - but how many of these can be
> in sim?

Google