PDA

View Full Version : Registering foreign planes in US

Eclipsme
August 21st 03, 01:47 PM
What is required to get an 'N' number for a foreign (to the US) registered
plane? Does sit matter where the plane is currently registered? Does the
plane have to be in the US currently?

Thanks,
Harvey

Ron Natalie
August 21st 03, 03:56 PM
"Leland Vandervort" > wrote in message

> Doesn't have to be in the US, but the owner must be a "US Subject"
> (i.e. Citizen, company, legal resident, etc.)

Specifically, a citizen of the US, or a permanent resident, or a US corporation.

Simon
August 22nd 03, 12:23 AM
I am not a maintenance person, merely an ops person. However, you may need
to check the maintenance logs, because registration will involve a new
certificate of airworthiness, I believe. And if that is the case then it has
to meet the US rules for maintenance. Again, I am not a mechanic so I could
be wrong, just double check it.

Google