PDA

View Full Version : IPC in a Simulator? Phoenix area..

Anonymous
August 22nd 03, 06:33 AM
I am looking for a flight school in the Phoenix area that can give me
an IPC (or let me log approaches for currency) in a simulator. Sim
time just seems so much more efficient than taking the real thing out
in CAVU and putting a hood on... Does anyone know of such a place?
Please post your response, as the e-mail address is bogus.

Thanks,
Dan

Tom S.
August 22nd 03, 08:44 AM
"Anonymous" > wrote in message
m...
> I am looking for a flight school in the Phoenix area that can give me
> an IPC (or let me log approaches for currency) in a simulator. Sim
> time just seems so much more efficient than taking the real thing out
> in CAVU and putting a hood on... Does anyone know of such a place?
> Please post your response, as the e-mail address is bogus.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Westwind up at Deer Valley http://www.iflywestwind.com is the only one
(trustworthy...that I know of) that has sims.

Stay away from Sawyer, though.

Phoenix Pilot
August 25th 03, 12:37 AM
> Stay away from Sawyer, though.

I've been tossing around the idea of doing some training over at
Sawyer, is there something I should know about them??

Tom S.
August 25th 03, 03:58 AM
"Phoenix Pilot" > wrote in message
m...
> > Stay away from Sawyer, though.
>
> I've been tossing around the idea of doing some training over at
> Sawyer, is there something I should know about them??

According to an instructor who just quit there and took a lesser paying job
elsewhere in town, "Their maintenance is unconscionable".

Phoenix Pilot
August 25th 03, 04:23 PM
Thanks Tom for that information. I'm defintely not looking for a place
that doesn't value good maintenance!

Rob
August 28th 03, 11:31 PM
> I am looking for a flight school in the Phoenix area that can give me
> an IPC (or let me log approaches for currency) in a simulator.

Southwest Flight Center at SDL has an AST 300 Flight Training Device
available at $40/hr. Check out:

http://www.southwestflightcenter.com

under "Aircraft Rental"

Regards,