PDA

View Full Version : Re: Runway Lights -- Lessons Learned

John Clonts
August 29th 03, 10:41 PM
JerryK > wrote in message
> You have to wonder if this difference has caused a few accidents or at
least
> some missed approaches. I can easily imagine someone executing the
approach
> on foggy night and missing because the lights were not in sight. Or
> sneaking lower and lower in a vain attempt to pick up the lights.

RE: Pilot controlled lighting frequency different than CTAF

I don't think so, I think most IR pilots already know this, since its so
clearly designated on the approach plates... At least, it was one of the
things I learned during my instrument training earlier this year!

Instrument rated pilots, do any of you NOT know this? :) (Crossposted to
r.a.ifr)

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas