PDA

View Full Version : DP Question

My name
September 7th 03, 02:39 PM
Hello. I am an IFR student (near the end- Last stage check of a Part
141).
I have a question about a DP.

The GATEWAY FOUR DP from CPS (E. St. Louis) has a note "For Turbojet
aircraft only".

Can this DP be used (voluntarily) for piston a/c? On this particular DP,
the
altitudes only call "Climb/Maintain 2500 or assigned. EFC to filed in 10
min." There are no similar DP for piston a/c.

I had been taught that if there is a DP that you can comply with, you
should
file it (i.e. GATWY4.BIB V12 ..etc).

Opinions?

Larry

Ron Rosenfeld
September 8th 03, 02:30 AM
On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:39:11 GMT, My name > wrote:

> Hello. I am an IFR student (near the end- Last stage check of a Part
>141).
>I have a question about a DP.
>
>The GATEWAY FOUR DP from CPS (E. St. Louis) has a note "For Turbojet
>aircraft only".
>
>Can this DP be used (voluntarily) for piston a/c? On this particular DP,
>the
>altitudes only call "Climb/Maintain 2500 or assigned. EFC to filed in 10
>min." There are no similar DP for piston a/c.
>
>I had been taught that if there is a DP that you can comply with, you
>should
>file it (i.e. GATWY4.BIB V12 ..etc).
>
>Opinions?
>
>Larry

This is only an opinion (that's what you asked for).

You can file whatever you want.

However, since the procedure says For Turbojets Only, ATC will probably not
clear you this way in a small GA a/c. You'd interfere with the faster
turbojets.

If I wanted to go in that direction, I'd probably just file VOR's, airways,
and/or direct routings.

There is no requirement to FILE a DP, whether or not you can comply with
it.

Google