PDA

View Full Version : Using Excel or Access to keep track of students/records?

BoDEAN
September 29th 03, 01:47 AM
Any CFI's here use Excel or Access on their computer to keep a log of
their students and information on them and what you've covered with
them?
IF so, can you provide some tips on what a good starting ground would
be for designing a spreadsheet to do this.

Thanks

C J Campbell
September 29th 03, 03:57 PM
I think I would approach this by duplicating one of those student folders
used by the Jeppesen Guided Flight Discovery System. Then I would re-arrange
the columns to match the syllabus that I am actually using.

I would use one spreadsheet for each student, keeping a blank template to
create new students and a final spreadsheet that shows the totals from all
students.

BoDEAN
September 29th 03, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the input

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:57:17 -0700, "C J Campbell"
> wrote:

>I think I would approach this by duplicating one of those student folders
>used by the Jeppesen Guided Flight Discovery System. Then I would re-arrange
>the columns to match the syllabus that I am actually using.
>
>I would use one spreadsheet for each student, keeping a blank template to
>create new students and a final spreadsheet that shows the totals from all
>students.

john price
October 1st 03, 12:07 PM
Check the one on my web page
(http://home.att.net/~jm.price/docs/tr_hist.xls)...
Think you'll find it is just what you're looking for....

John Price
CFII/AG/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

"BoDEAN" > wrote in message
> Any CFI's here use Excel or Access on their computer to keep a log of
> their students and information on them and what you've covered with
> them?
> IF so, can you provide some tips on what a good starting ground would
> be for designing a spreadsheet to do this.
>
> Thanks

BoDEAN
October 1st 03, 02:34 PM
John:

Thanks a lot!
Is this something you use/used before?
DO you keep one of these for each student, and update it frequently?

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:07:06 GMT, "john price"
> wrote:

>Check the one on my web page
>(http://home.att.net/~jm.price/docs/tr_hist.xls)...
>Think you'll find it is just what you're looking for....
>
>John Price
>CFII/AG/IGI
>http://home.att.net/~jm.price
>

>"BoDEAN" > wrote in message
>> Any CFI's here use Excel or Access on their computer to keep a log of
>> their students and information on them and what you've covered with
>> them?
>> IF so, can you provide some tips on what a good starting ground would
>> be for designing a spreadsheet to do this.
>>
>> Thanks

john price
October 2nd 03, 05:07 AM
Yes... I keep detailed sheets with notes while giving a lesson,
then every Sunday night I sit down and do my logbook and
update the training histories for each student... Been using them
since I started teaching...

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

"BoDEAN" > wrote in message
> John:
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Is this something you use/used before?
> DO you keep one of these for each student, and update it frequently?
>
> On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:07:06 GMT, "john price"
> > wrote:
>
> >Check the one on my web page
> >(http://home.att.net/~jm.price/docs/tr_hist.xls)...
> >Think you'll find it is just what you're looking for....
> >
> >John Price
> >CFII/AG/IGI
> >http://home.att.net/~jm.price
> >

> >"BoDEAN" > wrote in message
> >> Any CFI's here use Excel or Access on their computer to keep a log of
> >> their students and information on them and what you've covered with
> >> them?
> >> IF so, can you provide some tips on what a good starting ground would
> >> be for designing a spreadsheet to do this.
> >>
> >> Thanks

Google