PDA

View Full Version : MS Flight Sim 2004....what yoke is best?

TripFarmer
September 29th 03, 02:58 PM
I'd like to use this at home to play with. What USB yoke is the best match for
this software?

Thanks in advance. You can e-mail a reply is you'd like. I'd like to get it
ordered today.

Trip

Gary L. Drescher
September 29th 03, 04:06 PM
Opinions vary, but my recommendation is to use a force-feedback joystick
(e.g. MS FF Sidewinder 2) rather than a non-force-feedback yoke (I'm not
aware of any reasonably priced force-feedback yokes). A force-feedback
joystick does a decent job of simulating the different control feel in
different flight regimes. I find that more important to realism than the
physical shape of the control.

--Gary

"TripFarmer" > wrote in message
> I'd like to use this at home to play with. What USB yoke is the best
match for
> this software?
>
> Thanks in advance. You can e-mail a reply is you'd like. I'd like to
get it
> ordered today.
>

> Trip

Aaron Kiley
September 30th 03, 02:15 AM
Gary may have a good idea about force feedback. But, make sure the throttle
is on the right side of the joystick! I was out of flying for several
years. I started using a MS SideWinder with the throttle on the left side.
I started flying with my right hand so I could use the throttle on the left.
I got in a real plane and was totally bafled at how I couldn't fly, till I
figured it out.

FWIW I have a CH flight sim yoke USB with the USB pedals. It's a cheap
solution, but works OK for me. ... Aaron

"TripFarmer" > wrote in message
> I'd like to use this at home to play with. What USB yoke is the best
match for
> this software?
>
> Thanks in advance. You can e-mail a reply is you'd like. I'd like to
get it
> ordered today.
>

> Trip

Frank Stutzman
September 30th 03, 04:20 AM
Aaron Kiley > wrote:
> Gary may have a good idea about force feedback. But, make sure the throttle
> is on the right side of the joystick! I was out of flying for several
> years. I started using a MS SideWinder with the throttle on the left side.
> I started flying with my right hand so I could use the throttle on the left.
> I got in a real plane and was totally bafled at how I couldn't fly, till I
> figured it out.

All depends upon the plane. One controls the throttle of a j-3 cub (to pick
one of many examples) with the left hand.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Google