PDA

View Full Version : Marketing question for new Helicopter Product

Jim
January 16th 06, 07:59 AM
I have this idea and have been thinking of applying for a patent. Also
thinking of how much to charge for this product even though a prototype
is not yet "in the bag".
The idea for this product is a result of advances in technology evolving
in Helicopters for the benefit of pilots to reduce work loads and other
encumbrances on their skill level in the cockpit. Many pilots now prefer
to have GPS, FBW, FADEC, rotor governors and on and on. Currently I am
only planning on a simulated passenger with a pilot soon to follow when
the fully autonomous flight systems become available.
"SANDY" (as my product will affectionately be referred to) will consist
of a cellulose cylinder with a sealing flap at both ends. While I don't
want to disclose the entire product plan I want to give enough info to
determine any interest in the product. Basically it is to offered at
first as a "kit" to keep manufacturing and product development cost low.
It will consist of the cylinder mentioned previously along with 2 60 lb.
bags of #30 grit kiln dried sand. The Two bags of sand can then be
poured into the cellulose cylinder (up to 90 pounds worth) and then the
ends sealed with glue (included). I realized this leaves a surplus of 30
lb. of sand but this could be saved to make possible repairs to "SANDY"
if such emergency should arise. If additional weight is required one
would be permitted to modify "SANDY" by using Duct tape available
separately to attach the original sand containers to the cellulose
cylinder for additional capacity. This is not recommended though as
Sandy becomes quite heavy and becomes difficult to board or disembark
from the helicopter placing the product at much more risk of wear and
tear. Sandy of course will be known as "crew" Sandy while "Captain"
Sandy will become available by the time fully autonomous flight systems
become available. Sandy is semi-androgenous and will not be available
with any gender identifying incidentals.

Comments welcomed.

boB
January 16th 06, 08:16 AM
Jim wrote:

> I have this idea and have been thinking of applying for a patent. Also
> thinking of how much to charge for this product even though a prototype
> is not yet "in the bag".
>>Sandy of course will be known as "crew" Sandy while "Captain"
> Sandy will become available by the time fully autonomous flight systems
> become available. Sandy is semi-androgenous and will not be available
> with any gender identifying incidentals.
>
> Comments welcomed.

:) It's been done. I had a female student who did not meet the
minimum weight required in the cockpit. She had to strap 2 army sand
bags on the left seat when she was doing her solo work.
--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)