PDA

View Full Version : FAA Knowledge Test Results

Richard Moore
October 11th 03, 11:14 PM
I had taken the Flight Engineer Knowledge test a couple of years ago
(8/2001 to be exact.) I just took the knowledge test again today (10/2003),
due to the fact that some job applications wanted the test to be current
within 24 months, and the previous test had expired. I noticed on the test
report that it listed the test I just took as take 2.

My question is that would this be the second take for this test, or the
first take, as my previous test had already expired before I took this one?
I did ask the proctor, before the test, and told them I thought that because
the prevoious test had expired it was the first take again, but they were
unwilling to even check to see if I was correct or not. Since it was the
weekend, they did not have anyone at the national level who could answer the
question either.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea if this would be considered take 1 or
take 2? Does someone has the number to call at the FAA so I could get their
answer to this question? If it is an error, who in the FAA can I contact so
it can be corrected?

Thanks for the ideas!

Robert Moore
October 12th 03, 12:06 AM
"Richard Moore" wrote
> My question is that would this be the second take for this
> test, or the first take, as my previous test had already expired

What difference does it make? If you think that someone would
think less of you for having to take the test twice, just carry
the results of the first test to prove how smart you really are. :-)

Bob Moore
Flight Engineer-Turbojet

Richard Moore
October 12th 03, 12:28 AM
I'll concede it's a minor point, but I'm trying to look as good as I can
in this lousy job market. Also, it I have to take a practical test sitting
sideways in the future, I would prefer to have a "correct" copy of my
results, rather than having a copy that is in error, if it is.

Just don't want to show up for an interview without the i's dotted and the
t's crossed.

Richard Moore
Captain - BE-1900D Turboprop

"Robert Moore" > wrote in message
. 6...
> "Richard Moore" wrote
> > My question is that would this be the second take for this
> > test, or the first take, as my previous test had already expired
>
> What difference does it make? If you think that someone would
> think less of you for having to take the test twice, just carry
> the results of the first test to prove how smart you really are. :-)
>
> Bob Moore
> Flight Engineer-Turbojet

BTIZ
October 12th 03, 04:48 AM
keep a copy of your original test report from test 1 and a copy of this test
report (take 2), if the employer wants a current test within 24 months, I'm
sure they are used to seeing what you describe.. the written taken without
the opportunity to complete the practical.. would require another test..

JMHO
BT

"Richard Moore" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I'll concede it's a minor point, but I'm trying to look as good as I can
> in this lousy job market. Also, it I have to take a practical test
sitting
> sideways in the future, I would prefer to have a "correct" copy of my
> results, rather than having a copy that is in error, if it is.
>
> Just don't want to show up for an interview without the i's dotted and
the
> t's crossed.
>
> Richard Moore
> Captain - BE-1900D Turboprop
>
> "Robert Moore" > wrote in message
> . 6...
> > "Richard Moore" wrote
> > > My question is that would this be the second take for this
> > > test, or the first take, as my previous test had already expired
> >
> > What difference does it make? If you think that someone would
> > think less of you for having to take the test twice, just carry
> > the results of the first test to prove how smart you really are. :-)
> >
> > Bob Moore
> > Flight Engineer-Turbojet

Peter Duniho
October 12th 03, 07:10 AM
"Richard Moore" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> My question is that would this be the second take for this test, or the
> first take, as my previous test had already expired before I took this
one?

My question is "why is this posted to the rec.aviation.simulators
newsgroup?"

Google