PDA

View Full Version : NDB - change of name in Ontario

Ross Magnaldo
October 22nd 03, 01:59 AM
The new CAP 4 (IFR approaches in Ontario) is out and I've noticed a few name
changes from Oct 30 onwards:
The NDB at Hamilton (CYHM) has changed name from Bravo to Binbrook (ZHM).
The NDB at Kitchener / Waterloo (CYKF) has changed name from Kilo to
Wellington (ZKF).
The NDB at London (CYXU) has changed form Uniform to Thames (ZXU).

Fly safely,
Ross

David Megginson
October 22nd 03, 02:14 AM
"Ross Magnaldo" > writes:

> The new CAP 4 (IFR approaches in Ontario) is out and I've noticed a few name
> changes from Oct 30 onwards:
> The NDB at Hamilton (CYHM) has changed name from Bravo to Binbrook (ZHM).
> The NDB at Kitchener / Waterloo (CYKF) has changed name from Kilo to
> Wellington (ZKF).
> The NDB at London (CYXU) has changed form Uniform to Thames (ZXU).

There is a perpetual NOTAM for all the NDB name changes around
Montreal -- perhaps they have to keep the NOTAM alive until all of the
publications have been updated (including the VNC and VTA?). I guess
we'll see the same thing for SW Ontario now.

It's good that the NDB's are getting more useful names, but I wonder
if they'll catch on. Around Ottawa, I usually hear people referring
to the Gatineau NDB (in English) simply as "three uniform".

All the best,

David

Google