PDA

View Full Version : New LOC DME approach into KASE?

Aloft
November 9th 03, 08:14 AM
Has anyone seen a chart for a new localizer approach into KASE? The
localizer data is in the new DAFIF cycle, but neither MyAirplane.com nor
AOPA have a chart for it.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/ASE/ils/15

November 9th 03, 11:49 AM
Aloft wrote:

> Has anyone seen a chart for a new localizer approach into KASE? The
> localizer data is in the new DAFIF cycle, but neither MyAirplane.com nor
> AOPA have a chart for it.
>
> http://www.airnav.com/airport/ASE/ils/15

That approach has been up and running since last December. You won't see it
in NACO or Jeppesen public-subscription charts because it is a
special-crew-and-aircraft-performance qualifications IAP. The missed
approach requires something on the order of a 300-foot per mile climb
gradient, with one engine inoperative on a bird with two, or more, engines.
The performance has to be demonstrated to the FAA and the crew has to
complete a special training course on use of the procedure.

It's all the result of the G4 crash.

November 9th 03, 12:22 PM
I have posted the ASE procedure in a PDF file on
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation.

It requires the latest version of Acrobat Reader (6.0) to view.

Aloft wrote:

> Has anyone seen a chart for a new localizer approach into KASE? The
> localizer data is in the new DAFIF cycle, but neither MyAirplane.com nor
> AOPA have a chart for it.
>
> http://www.airnav.com/airport/ASE/ils/15

Aloft
November 9th 03, 05:16 PM
Thanks for posting this, but I get an error when trying to open the file in
Acrobat Reader 6.0.

> wrote in message
> I have posted the ASE procedure in a PDF file on
> alt.binaries.pictures.aviation.
>
> It requires the latest version of Acrobat Reader (6.0) to view.
>
> Aloft wrote:
>
> > Has anyone seen a chart for a new localizer approach into KASE? The
> > localizer data is in the new DAFIF cycle, but neither MyAirplane.com nor
> > AOPA have a chart for it.
> >
> > http://www.airnav.com/airport/ASE/ils/15

November 9th 03, 05:38 PM
Hmmm....I created it in Acrobat Professional 6.0 But, to make certain I
downloaded and installed Acrobat 6.0 Reader on my machine and it opnned fine.
If you want to give me your email I'll send an unprotected version to you.

Aloft wrote:

> Thanks for posting this, but I get an error when trying to open the file in
> Acrobat Reader 6.0.
>
> > wrote in message
> > I have posted the ASE procedure in a PDF file on
> > alt.binaries.pictures.aviation.
> >
> > It requires the latest version of Acrobat Reader (6.0) to view.
> >
> > Aloft wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone seen a chart for a new localizer approach into KASE? The
> > > localizer data is in the new DAFIF cycle, but neither MyAirplane.com nor
> > > AOPA have a chart for it.
> > >
> > > http://www.airnav.com/airport/ASE/ils/15

Aloft
November 9th 03, 05:42 PM
Thanks -- vectors2final at earthlink dot net

> wrote in message
> Hmmm....I created it in Acrobat Professional 6.0 But, to make certain I
> downloaded and installed Acrobat 6.0 Reader on my machine and it opnned
fine.
> If you want to give me your email I'll send an unprotected version to you.

Nick Coleman
November 9th 03, 10:20 PM
wrote:

> Hmmm....I created it in Acrobat Professional 6.0 But, to make certain I
> downloaded and installed Acrobat 6.0 Reader on my machine and it opnned
> fine. If you want to give me your email I'll send an unprotected version
> to you.

Me too, thanks.

November 10th 03, 02:01 AM
Interesting, isn't it. I have it all scoped out in MSFS 2002, with the Garmin
530 add-on. It isn't an approach for sissies (either pilots or aircraft ;-)

Aloft wrote:

> Thanks -- vectors2final at earthlink dot net
>
> > wrote in message
> > Hmmm....I created it in Acrobat Professional 6.0 But, to make certain I
> > downloaded and installed Acrobat 6.0 Reader on my machine and it opnned
> fine.
> > If you want to give me your email I'll send an unprotected version to you.

Google