PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted: Accelerated Flight Training Center of Arizona

Ross Oliver
December 30th 03, 10:08 PM
So I'm this close --> <-- to finishing my IFR training (35 hours
hood time, 10 hours simulator, written passed), but for the last 6
weeks have been frustrated by cancellations due to an early, wet
California winter. So I am considering taking my plane to Arizona
to finish up. Google turned up a place called Accelerated
Fight Training Center of Arizona, www.7dayifr.com. Does anyone
have any experience with this organization? Any other recommendations
for "IFR finish-up" training in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area?

Thanks
Ross Oliver

include "kittyhawk" in the subject line to get past my spam filter

Peter R.
December 31st 03, 02:58 PM
Ross Oliver ) wrote:

> So I'm this close --> <-- to finishing my IFR training (35 hours
> hood time, 10 hours simulator, written passed), but for the last 6
> weeks have been frustrated by cancellations due to an early, wet
> California winter.

Just curious why this type of weather would cancel your IFR training?
Icing in the clouds or t-storms I could understand, but otherwise I see
this as perfect IFR training weather.

I worked through my entire instrument training all last winter in central
NY. As a result, I had somewhere around 15 hours of actual IMC going into
my practical test.

Not flaming, just sincerely curious.

--
Peter

Daniel L. Lieberman
December 31st 03, 03:16 PM
Try Sheble Aviation in Kingman. They will get the job done.

"Ross Oliver" > wrote in message

> So I'm this close --> <-- to finishing my IFR training (35 hours
> hood time, 10 hours simulator, written passed), but for the last 6
> weeks have been frustrated by cancellations due to an early, wet
> California winter. So I am considering taking my plane to Arizona
> to finish up. Google turned up a place called Accelerated
> Fight Training Center of Arizona, www.7dayifr.com. Does anyone
> have any experience with this organization? Any other recommendations
> for "IFR finish-up" training in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area?
>
> Thanks
> Ross Oliver
>
> include "kittyhawk" in the subject line to get past my spam filter

December 31st 03, 06:23 PM
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:58:57 -0500, Peter R. wrote:

> Ross Oliver ) wrote:
>
>> So I'm this close --> <-- to finishing my IFR training (35 hours
>> hood time, 10 hours simulator, written passed), but for the last 6
>> weeks have been frustrated by cancellations due to an early, wet
>> California winter.
>
> Just curious why this type of weather would cancel your IFR training?
> Icing in the clouds or t-storms I could understand, but otherwise I see
> this as perfect IFR training weather.
>
> I worked through my entire instrument training all last winter in central
> NY. As a result, I had somewhere around 15 hours of actual IMC going into
> my practical test.
>
> Not flaming, just sincerely curious.

Lately it has been hard rain (1"/hr) and high winds (20G40 knots) that
have kept a lot of planes grounded here in Northern CA.

Google