PDA

View Full Version : Preferred routes to Canada

wan2fly99
March 22nd 06, 01:42 AM
Does anybody know where I can get preferred IFR routes when
coming back from the USA, say from Teteboro to Oshawa?

I have the rotue when going to Teteboro

Paul Tomblin
March 22nd 06, 02:11 AM
In a previous article, "wan2fly99" > said:
>Does anybody know where I can get preferred IFR routes when
>coming back from the USA, say from Teteboro to Oshawa?

No flight plan survives contact with Toronto Terminal.

When I'm flying Oshawa to Rochester (which obviously goes deeper into
Toronto Terminal's airspace than you do), I just file what I want and
prepare myself to be given something entirely different - even if I file
the route I got last time.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Legacy (adj): an uncomplimentary computer-industry epithet that

Jim Macklin
March 22nd 06, 02:12 AM
FSS, Center, AFD or just file the most direct route and what
ever they give you will be the preferred route.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"wan2fly99" > wrote in message
oups.com...
| Does anybody know where I can get preferred IFR routes
when
| coming back from the USA, say from Teteboro to Oshawa?
|
| I have the rotue when going to Teteboro

Google