PDA

View Full Version : Good IFR in the midwest

Andrew Sarangan
January 3rd 04, 11:31 PM
The last few days have been excellent IFR conditions here (Ohio and
Indiana). Freezing levels above 8000ft, weather near minimums has been
a great opportunity for spancan flyers like us to get some actual
experience without worrying about ice.

January 5th 04, 03:10 AM
I came back from Tn on Thursday. I tried to get back to my home airport
Dayton-Wright Bros (MGY) and flew the localizer to 400 ft AGL. I never saw
a thing. I went up to Dayton International (DAY) and flew the ILS. At DH
(200 ft AGL) I saw the approach lights and that was it. That let me go to
100' AGL. Once I got there, I saw the runway and got in. The next day, I
had to file again just for the 20 mile flight from DAY to MGY.

Great instrument weather other than I would have like to see some better
ceilings. Flying to absolute minimums is not much fun.

"Andrew Sarangan" > wrote in message
om...
> The last few days have been excellent IFR conditions here (Ohio and
> Indiana). Freezing levels above 8000ft, weather near minimums has been
> a great opportunity for spancan flyers like us to get some actual
> experience without worrying about ice.

Mike Rapoport
January 5th 04, 03:02 PM
Thats about to change:

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/currentweatherusnational/usdeparturefromnormalhighs_large.html

Its -7F here and it coming your way!

Mike
MU-2

"Andrew Sarangan" > wrote in message
om...
> The last few days have been excellent IFR conditions here (Ohio and
> Indiana). Freezing levels above 8000ft, weather near minimums has been
> a great opportunity for spancan flyers like us to get some actual
> experience without worrying about ice.

Google