PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Alternator

Wyatt Emmerich
January 16th 04, 03:41 AM
Anybody had any experience with the Turbo Alternator? It is a wind-driven
fan, about 7 pounds, which drops down from your wind in the event of an
electrical failure. It puts out about 15-20 amps--enough to drive all your
instruments.

EDR
January 16th 04, 02:49 PM
In article >, Wyatt Emmerich
> wrote:

> Anybody had any experience with the Turbo Alternator? It is a wind-driven
> fan, about 7 pounds, which drops down from your wind in the event of an
> electrical failure. It puts out about 15-20 amps--enough to drive all your
> instruments.

I would love to have one for my Champ, but at $500, I cannot justify it.

Matthew S. Whiting
January 16th 04, 11:36 PM
EDR wrote:
> In article >, Wyatt Emmerich
> > wrote:
>

>>Anybody had any experience with the Turbo Alternator? It is a wind-driven
>>fan, about 7 pounds, which drops down from your wind in the event of an
>>electrical failure. It puts out about 15-20 amps--enough to drive all your
>>instruments.
>

> I would love to have one for my Champ, but at $500, I cannot justify it.

Would you have enough power to spin it? :-)

Matt

January 18th 04, 05:02 PM
Matthew S. Whiting > wrote:
:> I would love to have one for my Champ, but at $500, I cannot justify it.

: Would you have enough power to spin it? :-)

Now that's just cold... :)

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *
* (Just my 20 USm$) *

Matthew S. Whiting
January 18th 04, 08:07 PM
wrote:
> Matthew S. Whiting > wrote:
> :> I would love to have one for my Champ, but at $500, I cannot justify it.
>
> : Would you have enough power to spin it? :-)
>
> Now that's just cold... :)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I have this vision of the alternator's
prop being just slightly smaller than the Champs! :-)

Matt

EDR
January 19th 04, 02:35 PM
In article >, Matthew S. Whiting
> wrote:

> >>Anybody had any experience with the Turbo Alternator? It is a wind-driven
> >>fan, about 7 pounds, which drops down from your wind in the event of an
> >>electrical failure. It puts out about 15-20 amps--enough to drive all your
> >>instruments.
> >
> > I would love to have one for my Champ, but at $500, I cannot justify it.
>
> Would you have enough power to spin it? :-)

When the wheels are off the ground, yes.

Google