PDA

View Full Version : Tugs

Dico
May 4th 06, 02:20 AM
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good tug for a Twin Comanche? I see there are
some companies out there that make them... but if anyone has their
personal experience they want to share, i'd like to hear it... if you
can provide a link to their website it would be even better!

-dr

BTIZ
May 4th 06, 02:58 AM
a small riding lawn mower with the blades removed or the mower deck
removed.. 5-10HP Briggs and Stratton engine you can't kill.
BT

"Dico" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good tug for a Twin Comanche? I see there are
> some companies out there that make them... but if anyone has their
> personal experience they want to share, i'd like to hear it... if you
> can provide a link to their website it would be even better!
>
> -dr

Jim Burns
May 4th 06, 03:24 AM
PowerTow works great for our Aztec
Jim

"Dico" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good tug for a Twin Comanche? I see there are
> some companies out there that make them... but if anyone has their
> personal experience they want to share, i'd like to hear it... if you
> can provide a link to their website it would be even better!
>
> -dr

The Visitor
May 4th 06, 12:08 PM
Jim Burns wrote:
> PowerTow works great for our Aztec
> Jim

I too am happy with my powertow.

John

FlyWithTwo
May 4th 06, 03:18 PM
I bought a used electric golf car and mounted a hitch front and back.
It works great, is easy to control speed, quiet and also can run around
the airport grounds. I use it for a C310 and it has plenty of low end
torque to do the job.

Brian

Denny
May 4th 06, 04:16 PM
Power Tow EZ40 moves my twin nicely...

denny

Dico
May 4th 06, 05:21 PM
Would you recommend the electric version or the gas version. We're in
eastern Canada and the winters can get chilly... i've seen people at
the airport with these powertow tugs trying to get them started... the
electric one would seem to be start a lot easier.... any thoughts?

Jim Burns
May 4th 06, 07:51 PM
We own an older 110v electric corded model. We bought it used and cheap.
The cord doesn't bother us but tire chains are not available for this model
because... the company says.... the increased torque that would be required
if chains were installed would burn out the electric motor... hmm... dunno.

Chains are available for the gas powered models. I know of several Bonanza
owners who have no problems starting their relatively new PowerTows.

Jim

"Dico" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Would you recommend the electric version or the gas version. We're in
> eastern Canada and the winters can get chilly... i've seen people at
> the airport with these powertow tugs trying to get them started... the
> electric one would seem to be start a lot easier.... any thoughts?

soxinbox
May 5th 06, 03:36 AM
I would think the torque required with chains would be the same torque
required on dry pavement without chains. Could the manufacturer be pulling
your chain?

"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> We own an older 110v electric corded model. We bought it used and cheap.
> The cord doesn't bother us but tire chains are not available for this
> model
> because... the company says.... the increased torque that would be
> required
> if chains were installed would burn out the electric motor... hmm...
> dunno.
>
> Chains are available for the gas powered models. I know of several
> Bonanza
> owners who have no problems starting their relatively new PowerTows.
>
> Jim
>
> "Dico" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Would you recommend the electric version or the gas version. We're in
>> eastern Canada and the winters can get chilly... i've seen people at
>> the airport with these powertow tugs trying to get them started... the
>> electric one would seem to be start a lot easier.... any thoughts?

May 5th 06, 05:20 AM
I have an electric one that i used for my twin comanche before buying a
cessna 340. It needs a power cord but does a nice job. Email me at
if you are interested.

Google