PDA

View Full Version : '87 Delta gets a makeover - 2

Dan Luke
May 17th 06, 01:44 AM
Paint complete. Splendid job by Select Aircraft Painting of Gulf Shores,
AL.

http://tinyurl.com/phh74

john smith
May 17th 06, 03:29 AM
In article >,
"Dan Luke" > wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/phh74

Nicely done. Clean lines.

Dan Luke
May 17th 06, 03:57 AM
"john smith" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dan Luke" > wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/phh74
>
> Nicely done. Clean lines.

Thanks. I did the design myself using Autocad.

It's too bad the Bellsouth web host robs so much detail from the photos.
This is one case where the actual paint job looks better than the pictures.
Rodney, the shop owner, takes real pride in his work and got it done on
time.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

B A R R Y
May 17th 06, 12:29 PM
Dan Luke wrote:
> Paint complete. Splendid job by Select Aircraft Painting of Gulf Shores,
> AL.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/phh74

Very nice!

Did the same shop do the brown tail in the background? <G>

Dan Luke
May 17th 06, 12:46 PM
"B A R R Y" wrote in message:

> Dan Luke wrote:
>> Paint complete. Splendid job by Select Aircraft Painting of Gulf Shores,
>> AL.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/phh74
> Very nice!
>
> Did the same shop do the brown tail in the background? <G>

Probably not!

That UPS bird is parked at Mobile Aerospace Engineering, which has a major
facility at BFM for freighter conversions and upgrades. They paint 'em,
too. Business appears to be booming, as there are currently 10+ big
airplanes from various carriers being worked on 7 days/week.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Ross Richardson
May 17th 06, 05:47 PM
I noticed it is tied down outside. Do you have to keep it outside for
such a beautiful new paint job?

Ross
KSWI
'65 Skyhawk
180 hp
wheels down and welded

Dan Luke wrote:

> "B A R R Y" wrote in message:
>

>>Dan Luke wrote:
>>
>>>Paint complete. Splendid job by Select Aircraft Painting of Gulf Shores,
>>>AL.
>>>
>>>http://tinyurl.com/phh74
>>
>>Very nice!
>>
>>Did the same shop do the brown tail in the background? <G>
>

> Probably not!
>
> That UPS bird is parked at Mobile Aerospace Engineering, which has a major
> facility at BFM for freighter conversions and upgrades. They paint 'em,
> too. Business appears to be booming, as there are currently 10+ big
> airplanes from various carriers being worked on 7 days/week.

Dan Luke
May 17th 06, 09:50 PM
"Ross Richardson" wrote:

>I noticed it is tied down outside. Do you have to keep it outside for such a
>beautiful new paint job?

Alas, yes.

Hurricane Ivan destroyed the shelter I used to park under and there are no
more hangars or covered parking available at BFM or MOB.

I'm down to #21 on the hangar waiting list at the Fairhope, AL airport. I've
been on that list for 6 years. There is a project out for bids to build
T-hangars there, so I'm hoping to be under cover again by early next year.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

\ [_] /