PDA

View Full Version : Re: IFR Flight Plans on the web

Jeff Saylor
April 26th 04, 05:16 AM
MLenoch wrote:

> OK, I give..........is there a place to file an IFR flight plan on the web?
> Thx,
> VL

For Web use, Duat.com (Data Tranformation Duats) has a nicer interface (IMHO)
than duats.com. You can even save favorite routes and other information

Duats.com (CSC Duats) does however have the Cirrus software that works great,
although you need to login interactively to save (up to 5 or so) airplane
profiles before using them with the software. Their webpage stores aircraft
profiles too, but IIRC they are separate than the aircraft profiles you use
from the interactive (and cirrus) login.

CSC Duats requires flight plans to be filed by the user that logged in. DTC
allows you to specify another pilot. This is especially useful for an
instrument student; she can file the flight plan from her account and specify
her instructor has the pilot if she desires.

For both systems, I recommend setting up a customized user ID that you can
easily remember (old telephone number perhaps) so you can always login from the
XYZ fbo.

May 1st 04, 06:04 AM
Fltplan.com and all you have to do is fax them a one time
authorization.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:16:32 -0400, Jeff Saylor >
wrote:

>MLenoch wrote:
>
>> OK, I give..........is there a place to file an IFR flight plan on the web?
>> Thx,
>> VL
>
>For Web use, Duat.com (Data Tranformation Duats) has a nicer interface (IMHO)
>than duats.com. You can even save favorite routes and other information
>
>Duats.com (CSC Duats) does however have the Cirrus software that works great,
>although you need to login interactively to save (up to 5 or so) airplane
>profiles before using them with the software. Their webpage stores aircraft
>profiles too, but IIRC they are separate than the aircraft profiles you use
>from the interactive (and cirrus) login.
>
>CSC Duats requires flight plans to be filed by the user that logged in. DTC
>allows you to specify another pilot. This is especially useful for an
>instrument student; she can file the flight plan from her account and specify
>her instructor has the pilot if she desires.
>
>For both systems, I recommend setting up a customized user ID that you can
>easily remember (old telephone number perhaps) so you can always login from the
>XYZ fbo.

Dave Butler
May 3rd 04, 03:28 PM
wrote:
> Fltplan.com and all you have to do is fax them a one time
> authorization.
>
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:16:32 -0400, Jeff Saylor >
> wrote:
>

>>MLenoch wrote:
>>

>>>OK, I give..........is there a place to file an IFR flight plan on the web?
>>>Thx,
>>>VL

I haven't tried fltplan.com, but my favorite web-based flight plan filing site
is http://www.enflight.com. Just a nice html front end for DUAT.

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.

Google