PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Strobe Power Supply Mounting Plate

Mike Spera
June 22nd 06, 11:49 PM
Still looking for this mounting plate. Called every boneyard in the US
and NOBODY has one. I would even consider buying a new one if one
existed. The part number does not show up as valid in any of the
databases. Part number 99031. I will make one if I have to, but I really
hate having to spend any amount of time in the tail of the beast
fiddling with an aluminum plate.

Any leads? Any wrecks you know of?
Thanks,
Mike

Bob Noel
June 23rd 06, 01:31 AM
In article t>,
Mike Spera > wrote:

> Still looking for this mounting plate. Called every boneyard in the US
> and NOBODY has one. I would even consider buying a new one if one
> existed. The part number does not show up as valid in any of the
> databases. Part number 99031. I will make one if I have to, but I really
> hate having to spend any amount of time in the tail of the beast
> fiddling with an aluminum plate.
>
> Any leads? Any wrecks you know of?
> Thanks,
> Mike

Would changing to a different strobe mean a different mounting
plate?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Mike Spera
June 23rd 06, 08:52 PM
Bob Noel wrote:
> In article t>,
> Mike Spera > wrote:
>

>>Still looking for this mounting plate. Called every boneyard in the US
>>and NOBODY has one. I would even consider buying a new one if one
>>existed. The part number does not show up as valid in any of the
>>databases. Part number 99031. I will make one if I have to, but I really
>>hate having to spend any amount of time in the tail of the beast
>>fiddling with an aluminum plate.
>>
>>Any leads? Any wrecks you know of?
>>Thanks,
>>Mike
>

> Would changing to a different strobe mean a different mounting
> plate?

Not sure what you are asking. This plane originally did not have
strobes. I acquired a power supply from a wrecked Warrior and purchased
a split switch for the instrument panel. I also purchased and mounted
new wingtip strobes and ran the wiring when I had the fuel tanks out a
few years back. Now all I need is the factory stock mounting plate they
put into most Cherokees to mount the Whelan power supply. Once done, I
can run the wiring and plug in the tip strobes.

So, I don't have anything in the plane currently and I will have to
acquire a plate or make one (if that was what you were asking).

I would settle for a drawing/dimensions at this point. That would at
least save several trips into and out of the tail section while I try to
fabricate one.

Thanks,
Mike

Bob Noel
June 23rd 06, 10:32 PM
In article t>,
Mike Spera > wrote:

> > Would changing to a different strobe mean a different mounting
> > plate?
> >
> Not sure what you are asking.

I thought (incorrectly, I guess) that a different strobe might require
a different mounting plate. And was hoping it wouldbe easier to find
than the one you are looking for and can't find.

It was just a wild thought...

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Mike Spera
June 24th 06, 12:47 AM
Bob Noel wrote:

> In article t>,
> Mike Spera > wrote:
>

>>>Would changing to a different strobe mean a different mounting
>>>plate?
>>>

>>Not sure what you are asking.
>

> I thought (incorrectly, I guess) that a different strobe might require
> a different mounting plate. And was hoping it wouldbe easier to find
> than the one you are looking for and can't find.
>
> It was just a wild thought...

Ah, I thought that may be the case. Nope. Just looking for the stock
Whelan "bracket" as Piper calls it in the parts manual. Preferred
Airparts says that part number is valid (99031) but they don't have one.
Thanks anyway. Good try.
Mike

Google