PDA

View Full Version : Leaseback

July 11th 06, 02:05 AM
Does anyone know what the current commission rates are for leaseback.
The rates the flight school's take off the top.

Robert M. Gary
July 11th 06, 04:38 AM
Depends on the agreement. The flight school I most often teach at takes
$5 per hour off the top. The owner pays all expenses (including
insurance through the flight school).
-Robert

wrote:
> Does anyone know what the current commission rates are for leaseback.
> The rates the flight school's take off the top.

July 11th 06, 02:05 PM
what is the hourly rate for your airplanes?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
> Depends on the agreement. The flight school I most often teach at takes
> $5 per hour off the top. The owner pays all expenses (including
> insurance through the flight school).
> -Robert
>
> wrote:
> > Does anyone know what the current commission rates are for leaseback.
> > The rates the flight school's take off the top.

Doug[_1_]
July 11th 06, 05:22 PM
There is no standard. What I see around here is 15%. But it can be
anything. I know of a deal where the FBO pays all the costs of the
airplane, then the FBO gets $15 per hour and the owner gets whatever is
left. Now THATS a deal for the owner!! But that one is unusual. The
insurance is a killer. Someone should sell insurance by the hobbs hour
instead of by the month. That would help.

Peter R.
July 11th 06, 05:31 PM
> wrote:

> Does anyone know what the current commission rates are for leaseback.
> The rates the flight school's take off the top.

The flight school at my local airport is so desperate for a new leaseback
aircraft, they will cover insurance, fuel, and maintenance and give the
lessor a negotiable 30% of the rental fee (of $135/hour). This would be a
two year contract only due to the fact that a new aircraft's warranty runs
out after that period.

--
Peter

Robert M. Gary
July 11th 06, 06:12 PM
$90/hr for 172. Its the only place in the area below $100/hr for a 172.
However, I'm in California. I understand other places are less
expensive. The planes are older though w/o IFR GPS or autopilots.

-Robert

wrote:
> what is the hourly rate for your airplanes?
>

> Robert M. Gary wrote:
> > Depends on the agreement. The flight school I most often teach at takes
> > $5 per hour off the top. The owner pays all expenses (including
> > insurance through the flight school).
> > -Robert
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Does anyone know what the current commission rates are for leaseback.
> > > The rates the flight school's take off the top.

B A R R Y[_1_]
July 11th 06, 06:17 PM
Robert M. Gary wrote:
> $90/hr for 172. Its the only place in the area below $100/hr for a 172.
> However, I'm in California. I understand other places are less
> expensive. The planes are older though w/o IFR GPS or autopilots.

Here in CT, most older Warriors and Skyhawks are $95-100 to rent.

Mark Hansen
July 11th 06, 06:55 PM
On 07/11/06 10:12, Robert M. Gary wrote:
> $90/hr for 172. Its the only place in the area below $100/hr for a 172.
> However, I'm in California. I understand other places are less
> expensive. The planes are older though w/o IFR GPS or autopilots.

The club I belong to has three 172s which rent for $78.50, all three
have IFR panels and moving map gps (KLN-94), only two of the GPSs are
IFR rated though. Oh ... no auto pilots.

You do have to be a member, but it's only $20/month, and that includes
pretty good insurance coverage. It is about 20 minutes from the
Sacramento area, but worth the drive in my opinion.

I don't know if they would be interested in lease-backs...

FYI.

> -Robert
>

> wrote:
>> what is the hourly rate for your airplanes?
>>

>> Robert M. Gary wrote:
>> > Depends on the agreement. The flight school I most often teach at takes
>> > $5 per hour off the top. The owner pays all expenses (including
>> > insurance through the flight school).
>> > -Robert

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA

Mark Hansen
July 12th 06, 12:21 AM
On 07/11/06 16:01, Robert M. Gary wrote:
> Mark Hansen wrote:
>> The club I belong to has three 172s which rent for $78.50, all three
>> have IFR panels and moving map gps (KLN-94), only two of the GPSs are
>> IFR rated though. Oh ... no auto pilots.
>>
>> You do have to be a member, but it's only $20/month, and that includes
>> pretty good insurance coverage. It is about 20 minutes from the
>> Sacramento area, but worth the drive in my opinion.
>>
>> I don't know if they would be interested in lease-backs...
>
> Are they West of Exec?
>
> -robert

Yes, by about 15NM (University 0o5, Davis CA).

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA

Google