PDA

View Full Version : Re: say again-- RA parties

Montblack[_1_]
July 21st 06, 02:20 PM
("Jim Burns" wrote)
> Wednesday afternoon and evening, after the airshow
> North 40 airplane parking/camping
> Jay & Mary Honeck's camping spot
> N56993

> Entry is free but a 6 pack of good beer is appreciated.
> Stop by early if you want, we'll be there setting up and grilling. in
> message

This has not been a problem in the past, but I wanted to get it out there,
anyway.

This is a "rec.aviation" cookout.

By all means bring your co-pilot, a co-worker, a co-volunteer who's hungry
and tired, a friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, kids, interesting guest
("Oui Oui"), etc, but please DO NOT round up all your fellow campers,
hallmates, RV group, or EAA Chapter mates, etc.

Thanks much. It'll help us keep a handle on things.

That said, we "especially" like meeting LURKERS at the Rec.Aviation* N40
Party! That's always fun!

Lurkers, it's time to de-lurk! ...so, eat, drink and say "Hi" ...or just
stand around, quietly, and listen to the hangar lying all evening. :-)

Montblack

john smith
July 21st 06, 03:22 PM
In article >,
"Montblack" > wrote:

> By all means bring your ... interesting guest ("Oui Oui"),...

Sorry, The Little French Girl just departed for JFK.
She received her ERJ-145 type certification last Friday.
She flies her first trip as a professional airline pilot tomorrow, as an
observer.
Beginning Sunday, and for all of AirVenture week, she will be flying the
line as FO.
She is living the American Dream. Five years from PPL to the right seat
of a major airline.

Mike Adams[_2_]
July 22nd 06, 02:33 AM
"Montblack" > wrote:

> Lurkers, it's time to de-lurk! ...so, eat, drink and say "Hi" ...or just
> stand around, quietly, and listen to the hangar lying all evening. :-)

That would be me! Looking forward to seeing all you folks. We were there 3 years ago, but haven't made
it since. We got the plane packed this afternoon in our 118 degree heat, and I'm not sure we have room
for much Arizona beer, but we'll try. We're launching for Iowa City at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning,
OSH on Sunday.

Mike

Montblack[_1_]
July 22nd 06, 03:17 AM
("Mike Adams" wrote)
> That would be me! Looking forward to seeing all you folks. We were there
> 3 years ago, but haven't made it since. We got the plane packed this
> afternoon in our 118 degree heat, and I'm not sure we have room for much
> Arizona beer, but we'll try. We're launching for Iowa City at o'dark
> thirty tomorrow morning, OSH on Sunday.

You were there with Dad, IIRC.

Some Jack Allison news:

Jack and his Arrow full of Allisons called me around 4:30pm CST (2:30pm
where he was at - Ogden, Utah). The had a fuel stop, told the guy to fill it
to the tabs, and went in to eat. When they came out, tanks were full. 14
gallons too many. Off-load, off-load. Heat, Heat.

It was hot, and they were smelling like fuel, so Jack said, "I have an idea,
let's hit the pool."

So they're staying put in Ogden, Utah tonight. He said he had headwinds on
the nose all morning and was seeing Cessna Skyhawk ground speeds.

He was dealing with HIGH density altitude numbers too. I think he said Elko,
Nevada was over 8,000 ft.

Not sure if he had another stop in there?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B1122327D
Great Circle Mapper - Jack's High Density Altitude Day.

Jay's party in Iowa City is tomorrow's goal. <g>

Montblack

Jim Burns
July 22nd 06, 03:36 AM
Great Mike, look forward to meeting you...
Just got back from the first party shopping trip...
15 lbs of pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches
13 lbs of chicken breasts
5 lbs of brats with more available
coleslaw
baked beans
potato salad to make on Tuesday
pickles
olives
beer
long island ice tea

Jim

"Montblack" > wrote in message
> ("Mike Adams" wrote)
>> That would be me! Looking forward to seeing all you folks. We were there
>> 3 years ago, but haven't made it since. We got the plane packed this
>> afternoon in our 118 degree heat, and I'm not sure we have room for much
>> Arizona beer, but we'll try. We're launching for Iowa City at o'dark
>> thirty tomorrow morning, OSH on Sunday.
>

> You were there with Dad, IIRC.
>
> Some Jack Allison news:
>
> Jack and his Arrow full of Allisons called me around 4:30pm CST (2:30pm
> where he was at - Ogden, Utah). The had a fuel stop, told the guy to fill
> it to the tabs, and went in to eat. When they came out, tanks were full.
> 14 gallons too many. Off-load, off-load. Heat, Heat.
>
> It was hot, and they were smelling like fuel, so Jack said, "I have an
> idea, let's hit the pool."
>
> So they're staying put in Ogden, Utah tonight. He said he had headwinds on
> the nose all morning and was seeing Cessna Skyhawk ground speeds.
>
> He was dealing with HIGH density altitude numbers too. I think he said
> Elko, Nevada was over 8,000 ft.
>
> Not sure if he had another stop in there?
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?B1122327D
> Great Circle Mapper - Jack's High Density Altitude Day.
>
> Jay's party in Iowa City is tomorrow's goal. <g>
>

> Montblack

Mike Adams[_2_]
July 22nd 06, 04:08 AM
"Montblack" > wrote:

> You were there with Dad, IIRC.

Excellent memory! However, I'm the Dad, and my son is coming with me again this year.

Mike

Jay Honeck
July 22nd 06, 04:43 AM
> This has not been a problem in the past, but I wanted to get it out there,
> anyway.
>
> This is a "rec.aviation" cookout.

Ha! This from the guy who invited EVERYONE ON THE FIELD to drink our
beer last year? No more "Mr. Nice Guy", eh?

:-)

I guess I shouldn't have invited the Cherokee Pilots Association? Or
the Swedish Bikini Team? Or the Friends of Iowa City Airport? Or
every guest who has EVER stayed at the inn? Or the Aerohawks R/C
Airplane Club....

Oops...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Morgans[_3_]
July 22nd 06, 05:10 AM
"Montblack" > wrote

> So they're staying put in Ogden, Utah tonight. He said he had headwinds on
> the nose all morning and was seeing Cessna Skyhawk ground speeds.
>
> He was dealing with HIGH density altitude numbers too. I think he said
Elko,
> Nevada was over 8,000 ft.
>
> Not sure if he had another stop in there?
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?B1122327D
> Great Circle Mapper - Jack's High Density Altitude Day.

It looks like Ogden's airport is having similar problems to your airport,
Jay. They have a good portion of one runway torn up, when the Google Earth
picture was taken.
--
Jim in NC

RST Engineering
July 22nd 06, 05:12 AM
You all are the reincarnation of the Wrong Brothers Air Force party of
thirty years ago in the UW-O dorms. We invited the WORLD to the party and
got aussies, airline captains, nubile 18 year olds, and the odd pilot from
east bf egypt to the gig.

As the last remaining Colonel (we were all Colonels) of the Wrong Brothers
Air Force, I commission Jay, Montblack, Jack, Dan, and anybody else who
wants to apply for a Wrong Brothers commission to the North 40 wing of the
WBAF.

I am the Colonel of the Grass Valley Wing, and apparently the last surviving
Colonel of the WBAF.

I'll print them out and sign them tonight and email them to Jay for
distribution tomorrow.

They are suitable for framing. The North 40 party could do worse than
naming themselves the Wrong Brothers Air Force North 40 convention.

Jim

> I guess I shouldn't have invited the Cherokee Pilots Association? Or
> the Swedish Bikini Team? Or the Friends of Iowa City Airport? Or
> every guest who has EVER stayed at the inn? Or the Aerohawks R/C
> Airplane Club....

Montblack[_1_]
July 22nd 06, 09:32 AM
("Flyingmonk" wrote)
> To add insult to injury, I was picked up, processed then let go pending
> the date.

Next time, pay your parking meter ticket(s) on time! <g>

Nobody - all 8 days, alone in the dorm room. Just me. Sigh.
....I smell a money maker :-)

Actually, I've got all kinds of people staying with me! You're off the
hook - at least in Wisconsin.

That's it, my last trip to Newsgroupland for 10 days. I'm heading out in 15
minutes - 3:45am.

Airplane of minivans is loaded...

Montblack

JJS
July 22nd 06, 11:32 AM
And I thought it was hot here! It was hovering around 108 all week!

We started packing and weighing camping gear last night. This will be my third Oshkosh, but the first since '99. It
will be the wife's very first time so you guys try to behave, okay? I might want her to return sometime. :' )

We found out the couple with the Skyhawk that was going to fly up with us as a flight of two had to back out due to
unforeseen circumstances. We will forge ahead. I'm headed to the airport to wash the airplane and start loading.
We'll launch early Sunday morning and plan on arriving late Sunday afternoon. (676 nm).

Anyone know the condition of the grass in the North 40? Wet field, soft, tall?

Like Mike we will be very short on useful load in our 140 as hot as it is, so we may have buy beer when we get there
or do without.

Joe Schneider
Cherokee 8437R

"Mike Adams" > wrote in message news:Pffwg.15167$Nv.1993@fed1read10...
> "Montblack" > wrote:
>
>> Lurkers, it's time to de-lurk! ...so, eat, drink and say "Hi" ...or just
>> stand around, quietly, and listen to the hangar lying all evening. :-)
>>

> That would be me! Looking forward to seeing all you folks. We were there 3 years ago, but haven't made
> it since. We got the plane packed this afternoon in our 118 degree heat, and I'm not sure we have room
> for much Arizona beer, but we'll try. We're launching for Iowa City at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning,
> OSH on Sunday.
>
> Mike

Jay Honeck
July 22nd 06, 01:39 PM
> I'm headed to the airport to wash the airplane and start loading.

I always find this funny (we do it, too), since, within 12 hours after
setting up in the North 40, Atlas will be as dirty as he EVER gets, all
year long...

Still, when you're flying into "The Big One", you want your bird to
look good. Heck, it's the only place in the world that people in
measurable numbers will actually be studying the BOTTOM of your
plane...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay Honeck
July 22nd 06, 01:42 PM
> That's it, my last trip to Newsgroupland for 10 days. I'm heading out in 15
> minutes - 3:45am.

Wow, with all of us in OSH, the bandwidth usage around here must drop
appreciably!

:-)

We'll be around 24 more hours...then it's off to Aviation Mecca!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay Honeck
July 22nd 06, 01:47 PM
> As the last remaining Colonel (we were all Colonels) of the Wrong Brothers
> Air Force, I commission Jay, Montblack, Jack, Dan, and anybody else who
> wants to apply for a Wrong Brothers commission to the North 40 wing of the
> WBAF.

An honor, Sir!

> They are suitable for framing. The North 40 party could do worse than
> naming themselves the Wrong Brothers Air Force North 40 convention.

For some reason the party has never really had a name. It started out
the Alexis Park Inn & Suites party. Then it morphed into the
rec.aviation party. Now it's growing beyond the borders of even THAT
humongous group of pilots.

And if the food runs out, oh well -- I'm sure there will still be folks
bringing beer. That's the way it was in the beginning (hell, we didn't
even *have* food), and I suspect it won't change any time soon.

We'll miss you and Gail, Jim. Damn, I hope you can make it in '07!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jim Burns[_1_]
July 22nd 06, 02:05 PM
Insert mental image of a towering Montblack outfitted in a bright yellow
"Security" t-shirt shouting "Nandisca! Nandisca! Nobeerforu!" at a bus load
of camera laiden foreign tourists. :) Our own security bear! (teddy)

Jim

"Montblack" > wrote in message
> ("Jim Burns" wrote)
> > Wednesday afternoon and evening, after the airshow
> > North 40 airplane parking/camping
> > Jay & Mary Honeck's camping spot
> > N56993
>
> > Entry is free but a 6 pack of good beer is appreciated.
> > Stop by early if you want, we'll be there setting up and grilling. in
> > message
>

> This has not been a problem in the past, but I wanted to get it out there,
> anyway.
>
> This is a "rec.aviation" cookout.
>
> By all means bring your co-pilot, a co-worker, a co-volunteer who's hungry
> and tired, a friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, kids, interesting
guest
> ("Oui Oui"), etc, but please DO NOT round up all your fellow campers,
> hallmates, RV group, or EAA Chapter mates, etc.
>
> Thanks much. It'll help us keep a handle on things.
>
> That said, we "especially" like meeting LURKERS at the Rec.Aviation* N40
> Party! That's always fun!
>
> Lurkers, it's time to de-lurk! ...so, eat, drink and say "Hi" ...or just
> stand around, quietly, and listen to the hangar lying all evening. :-)
>

> Montblack

Jim Burns[_1_]
July 22nd 06, 02:09 PM
Last night around 5-6 pm it was chaotic and non-stop. They were using 36
for IFR arrivals off of Chicago Center, landing both long and short, and
using 9 for VFR arrivals from both the north and south.

They were parking plenty of planes in the N40 and mentioned a lot of Cessnas
up there so far.

Jim

"Morgans" > wrote in message

> "Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > > That's it, my last trip to Newsgroupland for 10 days. I'm heading out
in
> 15
> > > minutes - 3:45am.
> >
> > Wow, with all of us in OSH, the bandwidth usage around here must drop
> > appreciably!
>
> I'm sure it will, but right now, there isn't hardly anyone on the tower
> frequency at OSH. I'll bet it picks up, after a while. What-ta-ya-think?
> <g>
> --
> Jim in NC

.Blueskies.
July 22nd 06, 02:37 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message ups.com...
:> As the last remaining Colonel (we were all Colonels) of the Wrong Brothers
: > Air Force, I commission Jay, Montblack, Jack, Dan, and anybody else who
: > wants to apply for a Wrong Brothers commission to the North 40 wing of the
: > WBAF.
:
: An honor, Sir!
:
: > They are suitable for framing. The North 40 party could do worse than
: > naming themselves the Wrong Brothers Air Force North 40 convention.
:
: For some reason the party has never really had a name. It started out
: the Alexis Park Inn & Suites party. Then it morphed into the
: rec.aviation party. Now it's growing beyond the borders of even THAT
: humongous group of pilots.
:
: And if the food runs out, oh well -- I'm sure there will still be folks
: bringing beer. That's the way it was in the beginning (hell, we didn't
: even *have* food), and I suspect it won't change any time soon.
:
: We'll miss you and Gail, Jim. Damn, I hope you can make it in '07!
: --
: Jay Honeck
: Iowa City, IA
: Pathfinder N56993
: www.AlexisParkInn.com
: "Your Aviation Destination"
:

Bringing beer in 172LR - http://www.bellsbeer.com/

Morgans[_3_]
July 22nd 06, 02:49 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> > That's it, my last trip to Newsgroupland for 10 days. I'm heading out in
15
> > minutes - 3:45am.
>
> Wow, with all of us in OSH, the bandwidth usage around here must drop
> appreciably!

I'm sure it will, but right now, there isn't hardly anyone on the tower
frequency at OSH. I'll bet it picks up, after a while. What-ta-ya-think?
<g>
--
Jim in NC

john smith
July 22nd 06, 06:02 PM
In article >,
"RST Engineering" > wrote:

> You all are the reincarnation of the Wrong Brothers Air Force party of
> thirty years ago in the UW-O dorms. We invited the WORLD to the party and
> got aussies, airline captains, nubile 18 year olds, and the odd pilot from
> east bf egypt to the gig.
> As the last remaining Colonel (we were all Colonels) of the Wrong Brothers
> Air Force, I commission Jay, Montblack, Jack, Dan, and anybody else who
> wants to apply for a Wrong Brothers commission to the North 40 wing of the
> WBAF.
> I am the Colonel of the Grass Valley Wing, and apparently the last surviving
> Colonel of the WBAF.

Negative! Your are the Senior Colonel (you have me by a couple years).
I still represent WBAF HQ Staff (there are a couple of us remaining).

Next order of business... do we reinstate the Purple Hat?

john smith
July 22nd 06, 06:04 PM
In article >,
"RST Engineering" > wrote:

> They are suitable for framing. The North 40 party could do worse than
> naming themselves the Wrong Brothers Air Force North 40 convention.

WBAF N40 "Wing" since all affiliates are Wings.

john smith
July 22nd 06, 06:09 PM
Wife says she is staying home with the kids.
I am heading up to OSH alone this year.
Arriving Monday morning.
My usual Three Oaks Country Club site will probably be full, so I don't
know where I will be parking this year. Maybe, closer to the beer?

RST Engineering
July 22nd 06, 06:44 PM
"john smith" > wrote in message

> Negative! Your are the Senior Colonel (you have me by a couple years).
> I still represent WBAF HQ Staff (there are a couple of us remaining).

Thank God. I knew if I posted here I'd troll up another Colonel or two.
Good for us. Is Colonel John still ... ummm ... with us? Debbie? Last
Colonel I saw was Joni Benedict 6 or 7 years ago.

> Next order of business... do we reinstate the Purple Hat?

ABSOLUTELY. And I've got the damned thing around here somewhere. It is
probably with my green hat, wherever the hell that is. BTW, Colonel Joni
bought a stash of the old greenies, but the last I saw of them was the last
time I saw her.

If you will instruct Colonel Jay in the proper selection of candidates and
winner of the Purple Hat, I'll see to it that they get it in the mail,
possibly before they go home.

Jay ... your certificates are painstakingly working their way to you via the
World Wide Wait; each one is 5MB and while we have broadband, 20 MB of
upload is still a bunch.

It is quarter of one your time on Saturday right now. If you don't see them
by two, drop me a line and I'll see if something went astray.

Jim

john smith
July 22nd 06, 09:54 PM
> > Negative! Your are the Senior Colonel (you have me by a couple years).
> > I still represent WBAF HQ Staff (there are a couple of us remaining).
>
> Thank God. I knew if I posted here I'd troll up another Colonel or two.
> Good for us. Is Colonel John still ... ummm ... with us? Debbie? Last
> Colonel I saw was Joni Benedict 6 or 7 years ago.

I believe Colonel John is still alive and kicking. He moved to Florida
10 years ago. He sold Port-O-John where we based the Champ until the new
owner's wife insisted on having airport insurance and having the flying
club pay for it. I haven't heard where Debbie is now. I have heard
Colonel Joni is still in the area, but is not involved in aviation.

> > Next order of business... do we reinstate the Purple Hat?

> ABSOLUTELY. And I've got the damned thing around here somewhere. It is
> probably with my green hat, wherever the hell that is. BTW, Colonel Joni
> bought a stash of the old greenies, but the last I saw of them was the last
> time I saw her.

We need to find a new source of hats.
What did you do and when did you earn the Purple one?
On second, thought, we'll discuss that another time.

> If you will instruct Colonel Jay in the proper selection of candidates and
> winner of the Purple Hat, I'll see to it that they get it in the mail,
> possibly before they go home.

We shall discuss the awarding criteria and potential candidates at
evening debriefings this week.
How many judges should be on the new committee? I think we had five on
the original.

RST Engineering
July 22nd 06, 11:20 PM
I haven't heard where Debbie is now. I have heard
> Colonel Joni is still in the area, but is not involved in aviation.

Colonel Joni was in Kansas last time I knew. She had an interior decorating
business or something like that.

> We need to find a new source of hats.
> What did you do and when did you earn the Purple one?

Joni may have bought something like 50 of them. I'd be willing to help
finance their purchase from her if we can find her.

I "earned" the purple hat in 1989 when I wrapped the 172 wing around a
concrete bridge abutment, followed quite quickly with a left aileron 180°
roll to inverted in the oncoming lane of the freeway.

However, the last recipient of the hat gave it to me to keep until we could
revive the tradition. I think it was one of the Texas wing who gave it to
me.

> We shall discuss the awarding criteria and potential candidates at
> evening debriefings this week.
> How many judges should be on the new committee? I think we had five on
> the original.

Five is fine with me.

Jim

Dave Butler[_1_]
July 24th 06, 02:21 PM
Jim Burns wrote:
> Last night around 5-6 pm it was chaotic and non-stop. They were using 36
> for IFR arrivals off of Chicago Center, landing both long and short, and
> using 9 for VFR arrivals from both the north and south.
>
> They were parking plenty of planes in the N40 and mentioned a lot of Cessnas
> up there so far.

It's now certain that I won't be there, since my departure time has come and
gone. Will miss seeing y'all at the RAO party. Have fun, bring back lots of
pictures and stories. If anyone's still at home and reading the NG, give my
regards to everyone.

I spent a good part of Sunday listening to the live ATC feed from OSH, but it
just made me more melancholy. How great it would be to hear "Nice job, Mooney,
welcome to Oshkosh" in my headset. Oh well, see you next year.

Dave

Morgans[_3_]
July 24th 06, 06:27 PM
"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> Last night around 5-6 pm it was chaotic and non-stop. They were using 36
> for IFR arrivals off of Chicago Center, landing both long and short, and
> using 9 for VFR arrivals from both the north and south.
>
> They were parking plenty of planes in the N40 and mentioned a lot of
Cessnas
> up there so far.

Yes, it was very busy, but it did not sound to be more busy than it was
earlier in the day, at say, 2 or 3.

Part of the chaos was due to the controller who was working at that time. I
hate to be critical, but I listened pretty much all day, and this guy just
was not good at conveying the information in a timely manner. A good part
of the problem (I think) was that he was not calling out the type and color
in a general way, but trying to get specific as to the brand and model.
That just was taking too much time, so he would get behind. He also was not
calm. That attitude showed through. I kept on thinking, someone get this
guy off, before someone gets hurt.

Just my observation, and opinion.
--
Jim in NC

cavelamb
July 24th 06, 07:44 PM
Morgans wrote:

> "Jim Burns" > wrote in message
>
>>Last night around 5-6 pm it was chaotic and non-stop. They were using 36
>>for IFR arrivals off of Chicago Center, landing both long and short, and
>>using 9 for VFR arrivals from both the north and south.
>>
>>They were parking plenty of planes in the N40 and mentioned a lot of
>
> Cessnas
>
>>up there so far.
>

> Yes, it was very busy, but it did not sound to be more busy than it was
> earlier in the day, at say, 2 or 3.
>
> Part of the chaos was due to the controller who was working at that time. I
> hate to be critical, but I listened pretty much all day, and this guy just
> was not good at conveying the information in a timely manner. A good part
> of the problem (I think) was that he was not calling out the type and color
> in a general way, but trying to get specific as to the brand and model.
> That just was taking too much time, so he would get behind. He also was not
> calm. That attitude showed through. I kept on thinking, someone get this
> guy off, before someone gets hurt.
>
> Just my observation, and opinion.

He probably came up from Smallville Municipal for the week.

As much as it loks like a beehive from the air, just imagine what the guy
on the ground feels with all'a them little planes commin' at ya at once!

Richard

Jim Burns
July 25th 06, 12:54 AM
Was that the guy that kept saying "Ok, let's see....where are we at here?"
Then pausing and saying nothing. At one time he repeatedly told an Aerostar
that he was cleared to land and the Aerostar pilot kept telling the
controller that he had two aircraft sitting on the approach end of the
runway. Finally another guy jumped in and told the Aerostar to go around.
At the same time a jet (I forget what type) asked three times "What about
me?"

It was definitely interesting listening to that guy.

Jim

"Morgans" > wrote in message

> "Jim Burns" > wrote in message
>> Last night around 5-6 pm it was chaotic and non-stop. They were using 36
>> for IFR arrivals off of Chicago Center, landing both long and short, and
>> using 9 for VFR arrivals from both the north and south.
>>
>> They were parking plenty of planes in the N40 and mentioned a lot of
> Cessnas
>> up there so far.
>
> Yes, it was very busy, but it did not sound to be more busy than it was
> earlier in the day, at say, 2 or 3.
>
> Part of the chaos was due to the controller who was working at that time.
> hate to be critical, but I listened pretty much all day, and this guy just
> was not good at conveying the information in a timely manner. A good part
> of the problem (I think) was that he was not calling out the type and
> color
> in a general way, but trying to get specific as to the brand and model.
> That just was taking too much time, so he would get behind. He also was
> not
> calm. That attitude showed through. I kept on thinking, someone get this
> guy off, before someone gets hurt.
>
> Just my observation, and opinion.
> --
> Jim in NC

Morgans[_3_]
July 25th 06, 02:13 AM
"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> Was that the guy that kept saying "Ok, let's see....where are we at here?"
> Then pausing and saying nothing. At one time he repeatedly told an
Aerostar
> that he was cleared to land and the Aerostar pilot kept telling the
> controller that he had two aircraft sitting on the approach end of the
> runway. Finally another guy jumped in and told the Aerostar to go around.
> At the same time a jet (I forget what type) asked three times "What about
> me?"
>
> It was definitely interesting listening to that guy.

Yep, that was the guy. Scary.
--
Jim in NC

Flyingmonk[_1_]
July 25th 06, 04:19 AM
Dave Butler wrote:
> Jim Burns wrote:
> > Last night around 5-6 pm it was chaotic and non-stop. They were using 36
> > for IFR arrivals off of Chicago Center, landing both long and short, and
> > using 9 for VFR arrivals from both the north and south.
> >
> > They were parking plenty of planes in the N40 and mentioned a lot of Cessnas
> > up there so far.
>
> It's now certain that I won't be there, since my departure time has come and
> gone. Will miss seeing y'all at the RAO party. Have fun, bring back lots of
> pictures and stories. If anyone's still at home and reading the NG, give my
> regards to everyone.
>
> I spent a good part of Sunday listening to the live ATC feed from OSH, but it
> just made me more melancholy. How great it would be to hear "Nice job, Mooney,
> welcome to Oshkosh" in my headset. Oh well, see you next year.
>
> Dave

Hey Dave you got a link for the feed from Osh?

Thnx Monk

Flyingmonk[_1_]
July 25th 06, 04:22 AM
Morgans wrote:
> "Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> > Was that the guy that kept saying "Ok, let's see....where are we at here?"
> > Then pausing and saying nothing. At one time he repeatedly told an
> Aerostar
> > that he was cleared to land and the Aerostar pilot kept telling the
> > controller that he had two aircraft sitting on the approach end of the
> > runway. Finally another guy jumped in and told the Aerostar to go around.
> > At the same time a jet (I forget what type) asked three times "What about
> > me?"
> >
> > It was definitely interesting listening to that guy.
>
> Yep, that was the guy. Scary.
> --
> Jim in NC

Got a link Jim?

Thnx,
Monk

Flyingmonk[_1_]
July 25th 06, 04:24 AM
Flyingmonk wrote:
> Morgans wrote:
> > "Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> > > Was that the guy that kept saying "Ok, let's see....where are we at here?"
> > > Then pausing and saying nothing. At one time he repeatedly told an
> > Aerostar
> > > that he was cleared to land and the Aerostar pilot kept telling the
> > > controller that he had two aircraft sitting on the approach end of the
> > > runway. Finally another guy jumped in and told the Aerostar to go around.
> > > At the same time a jet (I forget what type) asked three times "What about
> > > me?"
> > >
> > > It was definitely interesting listening to that guy.
> >
> > Yep, that was the guy. Scary.
> > --
> > Jim in NC
>
> Got a link Jim?
>
> Thnx,
> Monk

Got a new comp. Lost the link for Osh live feed.

Monk

Flyingmonk[_1_]
July 25th 06, 05:27 AM
Morgans wrote:
> "Flyingmonk" > wroteI
>
> > Got a link Jim?
>
> I was listening to LiveAtc.net, and I don't think they have archives. I
> think there is a site that keeps archives, but I can't remember what, or
> find it at the moment.
> --
> Jim in NC

Much thnx Jim.

Monk

Morgans[_3_]
July 25th 06, 05:50 AM
"Flyingmonk" > wroteI

> Got a link Jim?

I was listening to LiveAtc.net, and I don't think they have archives. I
think there is a site that keeps archives, but I can't remember what, or
find it at the moment.
--
Jim in NC

Google