PDA

View Full Version : Missing C-150s at OSH

Charles Talleyrand
July 28th 06, 05:15 AM
I'm upset at the EAA!

There were no Cessna 150s doing a full power scream-into-the-air
takeoff during the airshow. Instead they used F-18s.

There were no Cessna 150s parked with pride between the B-1 and the
F-16. Instead they used a DC-3.

The designers of the Cessna 150 didn't give any speaches, being bumped
by some guy named "Rutan".

The display line, filled with Staggerwings and Electras, was lacking a
Cessna 150.

Even the Cessna display, though it had Citations and Mustangs, was
missing the Cessna 150.

I understand that the Cessna 150 is a rare aircraft, but couldn't they
have found one? It would have made the show for me. That crappy
Lancaster was a poor substitute!

-Kitplane01

Jim Macklin
July 28th 06, 05:39 AM
bitch, bitch and more bitch. Are you sure the 150 were not
in the camping area?

"Charles Talleyrand" > wrote in message
oups.com...
| I'm upset at the EAA!
|
| There were no Cessna 150s doing a full power
scream-into-the-air
| takeoff during the airshow. Instead they used F-18s.
|
| There were no Cessna 150s parked with pride between the
B-1 and the
| F-16. Instead they used a DC-3.
|
| The designers of the Cessna 150 didn't give any speaches,
being bumped
| by some guy named "Rutan".
|
| The display line, filled with Staggerwings and Electras,
was lacking a
| Cessna 150.
|
| Even the Cessna display, though it had Citations and
Mustangs, was
| missing the Cessna 150.
|
| I understand that the Cessna 150 is a rare aircraft, but
couldn't they
| have found one? It would have made the show for me. That
crappy
| Lancaster was a poor substitute!
|
| -Kitplane01

Dave[_2_]
July 28th 06, 11:10 AM
"Jim Macklin" > wrote in message
> bitch, bitch and more bitch. Are you sure the 150 were not
> in the camping area?

I'm not sure that he was joking, humour is hard to guage sometimes but I
expect it was meant as such. The first line may be a clue. Cessna 150's
don't so much "scream-into-the-air" as they slowly climb moaning in protest
much the way a very old and athritic man complains about having to climb a
ladder to change a lightbulb. Mind you I truly do like the beat up 10K hour
Cessna I rent.

July 28th 06, 12:42 PM
I could show you were they all are....
In the north 40 camping!

I chuckled when I noticed the first plane into the air after the F-22
Raptors quit beating up the airfield was a Cub!

Ryan Wubben
EAA Flight Line Ops

Jim Macklin
July 28th 06, 12:50 PM
I thought my b,b,b was humorous.
"Dave" > wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" > wrote
in message
| > bitch, bitch and more bitch. Are you sure the 150 were
not
| > in the camping area?
|
| I'm not sure that he was joking, humour is hard to guage
sometimes but I
| expect it was meant as such. The first line may be a clue.
Cessna 150's
| don't so much "scream-into-the-air" as they slowly climb
moaning in protest
| much the way a very old and athritic man complains about
having to climb a
| ladder to change a lightbulb. Mind you I truly do like the
beat up 10K hour
| Cessna I rent.

Dave[_2_]
July 29th 06, 01:57 AM
"vincent p. norris" > wrote in message
>> Mind you I truly do like the beat up 10K hour
>>Cessna I rent.
>
> I hope this won't sound offensive, but the Cessna 150 was one of the
> very few airplanes I really didn't enjoy flying. I flew it because it
> was, at the time, one I could afford.
>
> vince norris

Not offensive at all. It's a beat up ol piece of junk with about 40,000
student landings on it. I feel very secure and at home in that beer can. But
they make all kinds of planes for those who don't like it.

Jim Macklin
July 29th 06, 02:15 AM
The first airplane I ever flew and in which I soloed was an
early C 150 with a T-pull handle for the starter that was
located in the top center of the panel.

My instructor had me make the first radio call, telling me
what to say. She said, almost 40 years ago, "Hold the mic
close to your mouth, put the little bump against your upper
lip. Say Capital ground, Cessna 3058 Juliet is ready to taxi
from the Capital ramp."
This was before ATIS, so the controller came back with "3058
Junk, taxi to runway 30, wind calm, altimeter 29.85"

I think he knew the airplane.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

"Dave" > wrote in message

| "vincent p. norris" > wrote in message
| >> Mind you I truly do like the beat up 10K hour
| >>Cessna I rent.
| >
| > I hope this won't sound offensive, but the Cessna 150
was one of the
| > very few airplanes I really didn't enjoy flying. I flew
it because it
| > was, at the time, one I could afford.
| >
| > vince norris
|
| Not offensive at all. It's a beat up ol piece of junk with
about 40,000
| student landings on it. I feel very secure and at home in
that beer can. But
| they make all kinds of planes for those who don't like it.

Matt Whiting
July 29th 06, 03:17 AM
Jim Macklin wrote:

> The first airplane I ever flew and in which I soloed was an
> early C 150 with a T-pull handle for the starter that was
> located in the top center of the panel.

Same here. If memory serves, 13Z was built the same year I was born. :-)

Matt

Dave S
July 29th 06, 04:32 AM
Charles Talleyrand wrote:
> I'm upset at the EAA!
>
> There were no Cessna 150s doing a full power scream-into-the-air
> takeoff during the airshow. Instead they used F-18s.
>
> There were no Cessna 150s parked with pride between the B-1 and the
> F-16. Instead they used a DC-3.
>
> The designers of the Cessna 150 didn't give any speaches, being bumped
> by some guy named "Rutan".
>
> The display line, filled with Staggerwings and Electras, was lacking a
> Cessna 150.
>
> Even the Cessna display, though it had Citations and Mustangs, was
> missing the Cessna 150.
>
> I understand that the Cessna 150 is a rare aircraft, but couldn't they
> have found one? It would have made the show for me. That crappy
> Lancaster was a poor substitute!
>
> -Kitplane01

You must have not been able to see the C150 S-models.. the Stealth 150!

July 29th 06, 07:05 PM
Charles Talleyrand wrote:
> I'm upset at the EAA!
>
> There were no Cessna 150s doing a full power scream-into-the-air
> takeoff during the airshow. Instead they used F-18s.
>
> There were no Cessna 150s parked with pride between the B-1 and the
> F-16. Instead they used a DC-3.
>
> The designers of the Cessna 150 didn't give any speaches, being bumped
> by some guy named "Rutan".
>
> The display line, filled with Staggerwings and Electras, was lacking a
> Cessna 150.
>
> Even the Cessna display, though it had Citations and Mustangs, was
> missing the Cessna 150.
>
> I understand that the Cessna 150 is a rare aircraft, but couldn't they
> have found one? It would have made the show for me. That crappy
> Lancaster was a poor substitute!
>
> -Kitplane01

Cessna 150? What is that? Does it have a rubber band that you wind
up?

Dave Stadt
July 30th 06, 01:39 AM
Not to worry, the C150s are on the way. Last I heard they are 100 miles out
and should make OSH in about three weeks.

"Charles Talleyrand" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm upset at the EAA!
>
> There were no Cessna 150s doing a full power scream-into-the-air
> takeoff during the airshow. Instead they used F-18s.
>
> There were no Cessna 150s parked with pride between the B-1 and the
> F-16. Instead they used a DC-3.
>
> The designers of the Cessna 150 didn't give any speaches, being bumped
> by some guy named "Rutan".
>
> The display line, filled with Staggerwings and Electras, was lacking a
> Cessna 150.
>
> Even the Cessna display, though it had Citations and Mustangs, was
> missing the Cessna 150.
>
> I understand that the Cessna 150 is a rare aircraft, but couldn't they
> have found one? It would have made the show for me. That crappy
> Lancaster was a poor substitute!
>
> -Kitplane01

Juan Jimenez[_1_]
July 31st 06, 12:13 AM
Not likely. Didya check the headwinds?

"Dave Stadt" > wrote in message
. com...
> Not to worry, the C150s are on the way. Last I heard they are 100 miles
> out and should make OSH in about three weeks.
>
> "Charles Talleyrand" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> I'm upset at the EAA!
>>
>> There were no Cessna 150s doing a full power scream-into-the-air
>> takeoff during the airshow. Instead they used F-18s.
>>
>> There were no Cessna 150s parked with pride between the B-1 and the
>> F-16. Instead they used a DC-3.
>>
>> The designers of the Cessna 150 didn't give any speaches, being bumped
>> by some guy named "Rutan".
>>
>> The display line, filled with Staggerwings and Electras, was lacking a
>> Cessna 150.
>>
>> Even the Cessna display, though it had Citations and Mustangs, was
>> missing the Cessna 150.
>>
>> I understand that the Cessna 150 is a rare aircraft, but couldn't they
>> have found one? It would have made the show for me. That crappy
>> Lancaster was a poor substitute!
>>
>> -Kitplane01

Charles Talleyrand
July 31st 06, 02:27 AM
Jim Macklin wrote:
> bitch, bitch and more bitch. Are you sure the 150 were not
> in the camping area?

It was a joke.

Yes, there were 150s in the camping area.

Montblack[_1_]
August 1st 06, 06:07 AM
wrote)
> I chuckled when I noticed the first plane into the air after the F-22
> Raptors quit beating up the airfield was a Cub!

We suspected everyone else was afraid to go up!

"Are they gone?"
"Not sure."
"Go up and find out."
"No, you go up."
"Not me!"
"Let's get the Cub to go up... Hey, Mikey!"

Montblack
BTW Ryan, thank you for your assistance Saturday morning.

A CAP officer picked my camping things up - CAP dispatch (etc) didn't know
CAP had my stuff. The colonel who brought the load in to the compound wasn't
around to be contacted, until later in the day.

Live and learn!

It was the Oshkosh equivalent of leaving something out, overnight, too close
to the curb. My fault -Doh! Scavenging is [E]xpected at an [E]AA event. <g>

Can't say enough good things about the CAP officers I met. Very nice. Very
helpful.

Dave from Indiana
Jim (and son) from Kansas

When Mary and Jay departed Sunday, I was right there - leaning on my
minivan - waiting for her to taxi out.

August 1st 06, 04:38 PM
> Montblack
> BTW Ryan, thank you for your assistance Saturday morning.

No problem!

-Ryan

Google