PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Taxes in Florida

soxinbox[_1_]
August 16th 06, 12:20 AM
I am considering moving to Florida, and I am wondering about the tax
implications. I am currently in NY, and there is a high sales tax on used
planes, but after that, no yearly taxes. I have owned the plane long enough
that Florida won't be charging a sale/use tax. I was wondering if they have
a yearly luxury/ad valorum type tax. I was also wondering about any other
registration fees.

Orval Fairbairn
August 16th 06, 04:43 AM
In article >,
"soxinbox" > wrote:

> I am considering moving to Florida, and I am wondering about the tax
> implications. I am currently in NY, and there is a high sales tax on used
> planes, but after that, no yearly taxes. I have owned the plane long enough
> that Florida won't be charging a sale/use tax. I was wondering if they have
> a yearly luxury/ad valorum type tax. I was also wondering about any other
> registration fees.

I've been here 7+ years and have never heard of one. No registration
fees, either.

Where are you planning on moving to? Spruce Creek is the biggest (and
best) fly-in community in the world.

Denny
August 16th 06, 12:24 PM
Hey Sox,
Do a google search in the topic or try going to the Florida Government
web site.. They have a page that describes the personal property
taxes... And you are responsible for filing those taxes... If you do
not when they catch up with you then you have penalties, and possibly
criminal evasion, to deal with... Ask the Mafiosi which law got most
of them in the end...

denny

Pixel Dent
August 16th 06, 06:46 PM
In article >,
"soxinbox" > wrote:

> I am considering moving to Florida, and I am wondering about the tax
> implications. I am currently in NY, and there is a high sales tax on used
> planes, but after that, no yearly taxes. I have owned the plane long enough
> that Florida won't be charging a sale/use tax. I was wondering if they have
> a yearly luxury/ad valorum type tax. I was also wondering about any other
> registration fees.

No registration fees or taxes on aircraft in Florida other than sales
tax.

Google