PDA

View Full Version : WTB Blanik Tow Bridle for L13 or L23

August 17th 06, 02:59 AM
Anyone have one to sell, not being used?

To reply to address, remove "nospam"

Thank you.

Karen

BTIZ
August 17th 06, 03:29 AM
I did not realize the L-23 needed the bridle.. I thought (at least the ones
I've been associated with) L-23s came with a TOST CG hook.

BT

" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Anyone have one to sell, not being used?
>
> To reply to address, remove "nospam"
>
> Thank you.
>
> Karen

Burt Compton - Marfa
August 17th 06, 04:10 AM
BTIZ wrote:
> I did not realize the L-23 needed the bridle.. I thought (at least the ones
> I've been associated with) L-23s came with a TOST CG hook.

Some have it. I have two Blanik L-23's for training and checkrides at
Marfa. One has the side bridal attachments like on the L-13, the other
has the CG hook. Both have nose hooks, of course.

Keep those side bridal release mechanisms clean and lubricated as they
are activated by the same yellow release handle as your nose hook, and
can get a bit sticky. Check them often even if you are not using them.
I use Kroil brand aviation spray lubricant.

Burt
Marfa Gliders, west Texas
USA

BTIZ
August 18th 06, 01:45 AM
Thanx Burt.. I'm only familiar with the newer CAP L-23s.
Bill

"Burt Compton - Marfa" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> BTIZ wrote:
>> I did not realize the L-23 needed the bridle.. I thought (at least the
>> ones
>> I've been associated with) L-23s came with a TOST CG hook.
>>

> Some have it. I have two Blanik L-23's for training and checkrides at
> Marfa. One has the side bridal attachments like on the L-13, the other
> has the CG hook. Both have nose hooks, of course.
>
> Keep those side bridal release mechanisms clean and lubricated as they
> are activated by the same yellow release handle as your nose hook, and
> can get a bit sticky. Check them often even if you are not using them.
> I use Kroil brand aviation spray lubricant.
>
> Burt
> Marfa Gliders, west Texas
> USA

Google